ADVERTISEMENT

New Story Hoops Recruiting: Gavin Griffiths talks Iowa official visit

Apr 8, 2003

Caught up with Top 35 2023 hoops prospect Gavin Griffiths, who made an official visit to Iowa this past weekend and was hosted by Keegan Murray.

Here's what he had to say about the trip.

On what he got to see and do at Iowa:

"I watched two basketball practices," said Griffiths. "I really like the coaching staff and the style of play."

"We went to the football game and it was sold out and was a great environment," he said. "Their basketball stadium was also amazing."

On the potential fit at Iowa:

"I think I would be a great player with the environment there," Griffiths said. "I can shoot, dribble, pass, and I'm athletic. which with their playing style I am asked to do a lot of things."

On any favorites or top schools right now:

"No, my recruitment is still open for any new schools," said Griffiths. "I will most likely wait until after next EYBL (before making any decisions.)"

That was Griffiths' first official visit and he has no others scheduled at this time. He did make an unofficial visit to Rutgers earlier this fall.

A four-star prospect, Griffiths holds scholarship offers from Iowa, Rutgers, Syracuse, Connecticut, Providence, Xavier, Kansas State, Maryland, Massachusetts, Dayton, Hofstra, Fairfield, Siena, and Bryant.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News