ADVERTISEMENT

Hotel Workers Strike...

Should it be unlawful for a union to protest/picket outside of residential properties?

• Yes

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • No

Votes: 6 54.5%

• Total voters
There are all sorts of rules about what management and the union can and can't do during a labor dispute. It would be super simple to make another rule about noisy picketing against an employer in a residential area.

Reactions: stickman80
Let’s hope union membership triples in the next ten years. Also, tax all the billionaires out of existence

They set a giant inflatable Trad out in front of the hotel. Kind of a turn-off walking in.

Which is why we need to reform the federal laws specific to a union strike so there are no more Ken Simons.

I don't think we need federal laws to govern protests. In fact I find it odd that right wingers who claim to prize state's rights suddenly want the fed regulating protests.

Now personally I could see stricter laws regarding protests around hotels and residences. Especially when it comes to noise.

But you can separate pretty cleanly the strike being governed by federal labor laws and the protest being governed by state and local laws.

Reactions: Kelsers
I don't think we need federal laws to govern protests. In fact I find it odd that right wingers who claim to prize state's rights suddenly want the fed regulating protests.

Now personally I could see stricter laws regarding protests around hotels and residences. Especially when it comes to noise.

But you can separate pretty cleanly the strike being governed by federal labor laws and the protest being governed by state and local laws.

The federal laws are what allows this in the first place! If it wasn't a union strike then they'd all get arrested for parading without a permit.

• Haha
Reactions: Kelsers
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT