ADVERTISEMENT

House GOP subpoenas Biden aides, alleging ‘cover-up’ of president’s fitness

cigaretteman

HB King
May 29, 2001
The House Oversight Committee on Wednesday subpoenaed three of President Biden’s close aides, with the panel’s Republican leader alleging that the aides are attempting to “cover up President Biden’s declining cognitive state inside the White House” by limiting access to him.
“President Biden is clearly unfit for office, yet his staff are trying to hide the truth from the American people,” Rep. James Comer (R-Ky.), said in a statement.

The three aides are Annie Tomasini, who serves as White House deputy chief of staff; Anthony Bernal, assistant to the president; and Ashley Williams, deputy director of Oval Office operations. In letters to the White House, Comer cited recent reports from Axios and other outlets that detailed how the aides had “shielded” Biden, such as limiting his encounters with senior political officials as well as butlers who serve the president in his living quarters.
The White House did not immediately reply to questions about whether the three aides would sit for depositions, which the committee tentatively scheduled for later this month.
The “subpoenas are a baseless political stunt intended for [Comer] to get media attention instead of engage in legitimate oversight,” Ian Sams, a White House spokesperson, wrote in an email.
The House Oversight Committee on Sunday also requested an interview with Kevin O’Connor, the president’s physician, citing his reported refusal to order a cognitive test for the 81-year-old president and other matters related to the Biden family. The White House has not said if O’Connor will comply with the request, which was not accompanied by a subpoena.

Different rules for Dems and Republicans. As in, the Dems are actually expected to follow them.
Not really.

A guy in the last administration went to jail for contempt of congress.

Not really.

A guy in the last administration went to jail for contempt of congress.

And Bannon who should be in jail for much longer in a functioning Democracy.

Reactions: Torg

How many republicans aren’t taken to task EVER or have the party wagons circled for them when their crimes are egregious? There are different rules for the political parties.

Al Franken vs. Donald Trump
Hell, Al Franken vs. Lauren Boebert
Menedez vs. Santos

Get a load of this answer from the debate. The guy saying this shit should probably drop out, right? One side has to answer anytime It isn’t perfect, the other gets a free pass every single time.

Pesident *****, both you and President ***** have tried to address this issue, but the average cost of childcare in this country has risen to more than $11,000 a year per child. For many families, the cost of childcare for two children is more than their rent. In your second term, what would you do to make childcare more affordable?

*****: Just to go back. The general got fired because he was no good. And if he said that, that’s why he made it up. But we have 19 people that said I didn’t say it, and they’re very highly respected, much more so than him.

The other thing is, he doesn’t fire people. He never fired people. I’ve never seen him fire anybody. I did fire a lot. I fired Comey because he was no good. I fired a lot of the top people at the FBI, drained the swamp. They were no good. Not easy to fire people. You’d pay a price for it, but they were no good. I inherited these people. I didn’t put him there. I didn’t put Comey there. He was no good. I fired him.

This guy hasn’t fired anybody. He never fires. He should have fired every military man that was involved with that Afghan – the Afghanistan horror show. The most embarrassing moment in the history of our country. He didn’t fire?

Did you fire anybody? Did you fire anybody that’s on the border, that’s allowed us to have the worst border in the history of the world? Did anybody get fired for allowing 18 million people, many from prisons, many from mental institutions? Did you fire anybody that allowed our country to be destroyed? Joe, our country is being destroyed as you and I sit up here and waste a lot of time on this debate. This shouldn’t be a debate.

He is the worst president. He just said it about me because I said it. But look, he’s the worst president in the history of our country. He’s destroyed our country. Now, all of a sudden, he’s trying to get a little tough on the border. He come out – came out with a nothing deal, and it reduced it a little bit. A little bit, like this much. It’s insignificant.

He wants open borders. He wants our country to either be destroyed or he wants to pick up those people as voters. And I don’t think – we just can’t let it happen. If he wins this election, our country doesn’t have a chance. Not even a chance of coming out of this rut. We probably won’t have a country left anymore. That’s how bad it is. He is the worst in history by far.

Different rules. One side has to play by them, the other side gets a pass every single time.

How many republicans aren’t taken to task EVER or have the party wagons circled for them when their crimes are egregious? There are different rules for the political parties.

Menedez vs. Santos

Get a load of this answer from the debate. The guy saying this shit should probably drop out, right? One side has to answer anytime It isn’t perfect, the other gets a free pass every single time.

Pesident *****, both you and President ***** have tried to address this issue, but the average cost of childcare in this country has risen to more than $11,000 a year per child. For many families, the cost of childcare for two children is more than their rent. In your second term, what would you do to make childcare more affordable?

*****: Just to go back. The general got fired because he was no good. And if he said that, that’s why he made it up. But we have 19 people that said I didn’t say it, and they’re very highly respected, much more so than him.

The other thing is, he doesn’t fire people. He never fired people. I’ve never seen him fire anybody. I did fire a lot. I fired Comey because he was no good. I fired a lot of the top people at the FBI, drained the swamp. They were no good. Not easy to fire people. You’d pay a price for it, but they were no good. I inherited these people. I didn’t put him there. I didn’t put Comey there. He was no good. I fired him.

This guy hasn’t fired anybody. He never fires. He should have fired every military man that was involved with that Afghan – the Afghanistan horror show. The most embarrassing moment in the history of our country. He didn’t fire?

Did you fire anybody? Did you fire anybody that’s on the border, that’s allowed us to have the worst border in the history of the world? Did anybody get fired for allowing 18 million people, many from prisons, many from mental institutions? Did you fire anybody that allowed our country to be destroyed? Joe, our country is being destroyed as you and I sit up here and waste a lot of time on this debate. This shouldn’t be a debate.

He is the worst president. He just said it about me because I said it. But look, he’s the worst president in the history of our country. He’s destroyed our country. Now, all of a sudden, he’s trying to get a little tough on the border. He come out – came out with a nothing deal, and it reduced it a little bit. A little bit, like this much. It’s insignificant.

He wants open borders. He wants our country to either be destroyed or he wants to pick up those people as voters. And I don’t think – we just can’t let it happen. If he wins this election, our country doesn’t have a chance. Not even a chance of coming out of this rut. We probably won’t have a country left anymore. That’s how bad it is. He is the worst in history by far.

Different rules. One side has to play by them, the other side gets a pass every single time.
No point in bothering with BothSides

Menedez vs. Santos

Menendez is still in the senate and santos was tossed from the house flick. Bad comparison.
Getting back to the subject…

Only 2 of the last 10 people held in contempt of congress ended up going to jail. Both Republicans. 3 of the 10 were D’s. Not charged.
He’s not a trump supporter, but he’s NEVER ONCE missed an opportunity to hate on the only guy with a shot of beating Trump.

It’s interesting.
biden is the only guy with a shot at beating trump? I think he’s the most likely to lose to Trump.

Yeah the party of morality

Ha Ha Ha Lol GIF by Lucas and Friends by RV AppStudios

What do you think will come out of these subpoenas? You accuse AOC of just wanting publicity for holding two Supreme Court justices accountable, but this act by the GOP is just them doing their job?
Sit down. 🪑
I agree with you. Showboating big time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT