ADVERTISEMENT

Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo Concerts

WisestIowan

HR Legend
Jun 1, 2012
H Town (Screwed Up and Slowed Down)
You may not know this, but I am a HLSR Committeeman (READ: unpaid volunteer). Here is the concert line up. As a volunteer, I get me +1 into the concerts for free along with exclusive bar access. If you were me (glad you aren't I am sure), what concerts would you attend? Ones I am excited for:

Cody Johnson, Turnpike Troubadours, Kasey Musgraves (smoke), Luke Bryan (he is awful but there should be a shit ton of womens there), Luke Combs, ZBB and, of course, George "King of Country" Strait.

My wife and daughter (no pics) are going to Kane Brown. The daughter wanted to see Luke Combs but it was on a Wednesday and those mid-week concerts are just too tough.

George Strait has a TON of songs and he can just sing #1s for 2 hours... however, he is TERRIBLE in concert. Just stands at the front of the stage and sings. No showmanship at all.

Luke Bryan is better than you might think. We just saw him last year in the Woodlands Amphitheater, and you are correct there will be a shit ton of women there.

I think this is Tim Mcgraw's last year touring so he might be good.

Thinking of getting tickest to Cody Johnson.

You may not know this, but I am a HLSR Committeeman (READ: unpaid volunteer). Here is the concert line up. As a volunteer, I get me +1 into the concerts for free along with exclusive bar access. If you were me (glad you aren't I am sure), what concerts would you attend? Ones I am excited for:

Cody Johnson, Turnpike Troubadours, Kasey Musgraves (smoke), Luke Bryan (he is awful but there should be a shit ton of womens there), Luke Combs, ZBB and, of course, George "King of Country" Strait.
Do you get to go on the dirt for the concerts?

Kacey, Brooks & Dunn, Turnpike Troubadors, Tim McGraw, Santana, Brad Paisley, George Strait

Do you get to go on the dirt for the concerts?

No. Just get in for free. This is my 6th year on the committee so I have seen damn near everyone at least once. It's an AWFUL place for a concert, but it's free and there are tons of beautiful women. I've seen George live 3x. No showmanship, you're right, but I would not say its a bad experience. I enjoy it.

Went to one of those in the Astrodome prolly 25 years ago. I believe Huey Lewis and the News was the headliner. Rodeo and pop/rock was an odd combination.

Kasey Musgraves, Brooks & Dunn, Luke Bryan, Turnpike Troubadours, Tim McGraw, Luke Combs, ZBB, Chris Stapelton, Cody Johnson, and George Strait.

Luke Bryan is a great entertainer. Combs, Stapleton, and Cody Johnson are on my list to see soon.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT