ADVERTISEMENT

Houston, we have a problem

This is the dumbest argument that the left has. Of course there is more destruction today. We have a lot more people and buildings that cost a lot more today than they did 30 years ago. We also have a lot more buildings in places that see frequent natural disasters. I can't believe how dumb people are that fall for this propaganda.
This is a great way to let everyone know that the 8th grade was as far as you got.

Yep. And we will keep seeing home insurance rise to amounts that one were our first apartment rents.
This is inevitable when we live in a growth economy. My parents bought their first house for 32k in 1980. That same house sold for 235k a month ago.

Insurance rates have to go higher to cover the higher replacement costs. This is why people are not happy with Bidenomics. Wages have not kept up with inflation, so people are struggling with the higher costs.

You know.. More destructive. More of them. More in places where this type of weather never before. Sea levels rising.

The fact that you actually ask is part of the problem.
Most of what are considered severe weather events are actually man made. Flooding has doubled, but the total population who live in flood zones have risen dramatically.

The use of levees along main water ways stunts the water down river so the next town withouta levee has a bigger flood.

Field tiling and storm sewers direct the water out of those areas faster so the water doesn't have a chance to soak into the ground. This increases the risk for droughts.

Forest management over the last 50 years has contributed to fire damage as well as cities building in highly wooded areas.

Sea level has risen 8 inches in 140 years. Not exactly what I would call a scary threat to humans.

This is inevitable when we live in a growth economy. My parents bought their first house for 32k in 1980. That same house sold for 235k a month ago.

Insurance rates have to go higher to cover the higher replacement costs. This is why people are not happy with Bidenomics. Wages have not kept up with inflation, so people are struggling with the higher costs.
Holy crap, you are a big dummy. Between this and your other few posts here, all I can do is laugh. I certainly am not going to engage in a “debate” with a troglodyte such as yourself.

Insurance rates have to go higher to cover the higher replacement costs.

PROTIP: This is not "insurance". It's "re-insurance" that insurers purchase to cover major losses/events.

This major re-insurer (along with nearly all others) have been informing you that the storms, themselves, are getting worse, and making re-insurance rates go up. You pay an insurance premium consistent with your $70k Lexus vs a $30k truck nowadays. The re-insurers are no longer willing to underwrite major event losses w/o significantly higher premiums, because the severity AND frequency of them is going up.

Here are three facts that are not up for debate among rational people:
1. There is more heat energy in the atmosphere.
2. Storms are driven by atmospheric energy.
3. The laws of thermodynamics are indifferent to all political, economic, and/or social factors that shape people's opinions.

Kirsten Dunst Krystal GIF by On Becoming A God in Central Florida

Here are three facts that are not up for debate among rational people:
1. There is more heat energy in the atmosphere.
2. Storms are driven by atmospheric energy.
3. The laws of thermodynamics are indifferent to all political, economic, and/or social factors that shape people's opinions.
I agree with this.

We’re in a La Niña cycle, Chicken Little. Take a deep breath, put your pacifier back in your mouth and go back to sleep. There’s no make believe monster under your bed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT