ADVERTISEMENT

How did supporting blatant racists become so acceptable in the GQP?

NoleATL

HR Legend
Gold Member
Jul 11, 2007
They don't even care any more... Youngkin claims he wasn't aware of LePage's long and blatant history of racism... He's now aware. Let's see if he changes his mind.

Youngkin To Campaign For Maine Racist Paul LePage​

September 5, 2022 Racism, Republicans

The Washington Post reports:
Gov. Glenn Youngkin plans to travel to Maine this week to campaign for Republican gubernatorial candidate Paul LePage, a former two-term governor with a history of making racially incendiary remarks.
A proudly unvarnished politician who has claimed that he was “Donald Trump before Donald Trump,” LePage caused his most notable uproar in 2016, midway through his second term, with a series of comments about race and drug dealing.
LePage claimed — falsely — that more than 90 percent of people arrested for drug-trafficking in the overwhelmingly White state of Maine were Black or Hispanic. He also called Black and Hispanic people “the enemy” and said that many out-of-state drug traffickers passing through Maine “impregnate a young White girl before they leave.”
Read the full article. Youngkin claims to be unaware of LePage’s long and heavily documented history of racist remarks.

Reactions: HawkMD
That’s NOT a good look. It would be almost as bad as a Democrat campaigning for Sheldon Whitehouse at his (still) all white Beach Club.
We Dems certainly have our own work to do to weed out existing racism within our own party. But we at least recognize the need for this work.

Republicans have gone in reverse. They now demand open racism. The entire party is built on white nationalism. It's gotten so ridiculous that if anybody dare question their racism, Rs now cry that their beliefs are being oppressed and that they are somehow the victims.

We Dems certainly have our own work to do to weed out existing racism within our own party. But we at least recognize the need for this work.

Republicans have gone in reverse. They now demand open racism. The entire party is built on white nationalism. It's gotten so ridiculous that if anybody dare question their racism, Rs now cry that their beliefs are being oppressed and that they are somehow the victims.
Another ridiculous assertion from a ridiculous person.

That’s NOT a good look. It would be almost as bad as a Democrat campaigning for Sheldon Whitehouse at his (still) all white Beach Club.
If anyone is ever offered a bet about Goldy entering a thread to offer a whataboutism when ignoring the thread, or just admitting that a Republican did something silly, never, EVER, bet against Goldy going for the whataboutism.

When you're desperate to get into or stay in office and you need every single vote you can get your hands on - that's when.

Reactions: lucas80
They don't even care any more... Youngkin claims he wasn't aware of LePage's long and blatant history of racism... He's now aware. Let's see if he changes his mind.

Youngkin To Campaign For Maine Racist Paul LePage​

September 5, 2022 Racism, Republicans

The Washington Post reports:

Read the full article. Youngkin claims to be unaware of LePage’s long and heavily documented history of racist remarks.

I love it when commies try and play the race card against the GOP when one their own beloved senators was a KKK grand wizard. Commies will be commies.

The esteemed Robert Bird.
This guy?
26d75420ae5d51c91fbff893768bd235.jpg

Reactions: RileyHawk
This guy?
26d75420ae5d51c91fbff893768bd235.jpg
Yes. And this guy.

Byrd later called joining the KKK "the greatest mistake I ever made."[7] In 1997, he told an interviewer he would encourage young people to become involved in politics but also warned, "Be sure you avoid the Ku Klux Klan. Don't get that albatross around your neck. Once you've made that mistake, you inhibit your operations in the political arena."[35] In his last autobiography, Byrd explained that he was a KKK member because he "was sorely afflicted with tunnel vision— a jejune and immature outlook—seeing only what I wanted to see because I thought the Klan could provide an outlet for my talents and ambitions."[36] Byrd also said in 2005, "I know now I was wrong. Intolerance had no place in America. I apologized a thousand times ... and I don't mind apologizing over and over again. I can't erase what happened."[15]

Yes. And this guy.

Byrd later called joining the KKK "the greatest mistake I ever made."[7] In 1997, he told an interviewer he would encourage young people to become involved in politics but also warned, "Be sure you avoid the Ku Klux Klan. Don't get that albatross around your neck. Once you've made that mistake, you inhibit your operations in the political arena."[35] In his last autobiography, Byrd explained that he was a KKK member because he "was sorely afflicted with tunnel vision— a jejune and immature outlook—seeing only what I wanted to see because I thought the Klan could provide an outlet for my talents and ambitions."[36] Byrd also said in 2005, "I know now I was wrong. Intolerance had no place in America. I apologized a thousand times ... and I don't mind apologizing over and over again. I can't erase what happened."[15]
Funny thing about that is, it didn't hurt him one bit on his way to the very top of the democratic party. Maybe he was only referring to anyone who wants to run as a Republican?

I love it when commies try and play the race card against the GOP when one their own beloved senators was a KKK grand wizard. Commies will be commies.
I love it how you use the word commie towards democrats but never wonder why Republican politicians hung out in Moscow on the 4th of July. You don't even know what the word means but you use it repeatedly. It's one of many reasons why the board laughs at you consistently.

Reactions: fsu1jreed
Funny thing about that is, it didn't hurt him one bit on his way to the very top of the democratic party. Maybe he was only referring to anyone who wants to run as a Republican?
And that's because he changed (along with the Democratic party) from being a white supremacist supporter. Had he stayed with that view he would have had to become a republican.

One of the identifying traits of true republicans is the never ending hypocrisy we see in defenses like yours.

Reactions: Tom Paris
Yes. And this guy.

Are you saying he deserved a second chance?

Rs have always hated minorities. Trump just made this racism acceptable. It's why they cling so desperately to him. They fear all the "progress" they feel they've made in making whites the master race again will all go away.

It fvcking sucks, but this is true

Reactions: Tom Paris
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT