ADVERTISEMENT

How is O'Dey even on the field?

jimbob22

HR All-State
Nov 23, 2014
O'Dey is a Nebraska grad who blew a call a few years ago that gave Central Michigan a win over Oklahoma State. O'Dey got a two-game suspension. And now he's a Big Ten official?

That said, I'm hearing that the call was made in a replay both somewhere. Was O'Dey asked why he or no one else didn't throw a flag if DeJean screwed up?

• Haha
Reactions: BlowinGuysHawkeye
That said, I'm hearing that the call was made in a replay both somewhere. Was O'Dey asked why he or no one else didn't throw a flag if DeJean screwed up?
While the press box review guy and even the multi-conference review collaboration group in Pittsburgh weighed in, the decision was made on the field by O’Dey.

He said he did not stop the play because he wasn’t certain what he saw, and allowing the play to play out kept all outcomes possible. Stopping it would not have.

O'Dey is a Nebraska grad who blew a call a few years ago that gave Central Michigan a win over Oklahoma State. O'Dey got a two-game suspension. And now he's a Big Ten official?

You're all looking at the wrong Iowa player played to be flagged. Watch the replay and look at #4 willingly leave the field and enter the Minny sideline area. Since he wasn't forced out, the moment he returns to the field with the ball in play is a 5 yard penalty. The replay official certainly saw that and had no remedy to fix it directly. So, ....

You're all looking at the wrong Iowa player played to be flagged. Watch the replay and look at #4 willingly leave the field and enter the Minny sideline area. Since he wasn't forced out, the moment he returns to the field with the ball in play is a 5 yard penalty. The replay official certainly saw that and had no remedy to fix it directly. So, ....
Wrong.
Just sayin.

Reactions: ClarindaA's
While the press box review guy and even the multi-conference review collaboration group in Pittsburgh weighed in, the decision was made on the field by O’Dey.

He said he did not stop the play because he wasn’t certain what he saw, and allowing the play to play out kept all outcomes possible. Stopping it would not have.
Why didn’t the other officials whom witnessed the play throw their flags and blow their whistles? Watch the replays….there were TWO officials back with #3 who watched the whole play….now I dont know if O’Dey was either one of those but I don’t think so….
Now if you wanna go “conspiratorial” here…..reportedly O’Dey was the official who in last year’s Minn game, ruled Iowa’s LB stepped out of bounds returning a pass interception for a TD late….and replays CLEARLY showed the Iowa player was never really “close” to stepping out of bounds…..
Just food to chew on mark…..plus O’Dey had been suspended 2 games when he worked their as an official for misinterpreting rules.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hawksbyamillion
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT