ADVERTISEMENT

How legit is Wisky?

desihawk

HB Legend
Oct 1, 2002
While they are a good team, just how good remains the question. Of their big games (so far): lsu, um, and osu -- Lsu and osu were home-games for which they had long prep times (offseason for lsu, bye week for osu). They beat lsu and just got pipped at the post by osu. To me this demonstrates that given ample prep time, their coaches put it to excellent use. Otoh their matchup against um was really not as close as the final score. Overall I think Wisky with benefit of ample prep time can compete with top-10 but otherwise (rest of the regular season) is a top 20-25 type squad: solid but not fearsome. I think Nebraska, nw, minnesota, and Iowa will demonstrate this in the coming weeks.
Kirk though should learn something from PC about using bowl prep time efficiently.

Their D is legit but it was last year as well and Iowa got a win at their place. They can beat them, but they can't have the stupid penalties and they can't turn the ball over.

Wisconsin is a good team and it will take Iowa's best effort to beat them. But they are not some fearsome juggernaut that will roll into Iowa City and beat the Hawks just by showing up.

Their D is legit but it was last year as well and Iowa got a win at their place. They can beat them, but they can't have the stupid penalties and they can't turn the ball over.
Absolutely agree with this. Probably an upgrade at rb, but a young qb and not a dominant oline. Field position will be key.

I thought their D was really stout. They made tOSU WORK for yards/points and that's not an easy task. The offense was much better than I expected.

They will be a tough out for anyone. I expect Iowa will really struggle to move the ball against them. I'm expecting a game similar to the 2013 game with Iowa not being able to generate much offense.

I think it will take some combination of turnovers or special teams magic for Iowa to come out on top.

Reactions: hawkeye_power
2 legit 2 quit

lj-quinnscousin-2legit2quit.gif

Reactions: millah_22
Their defense is elite. Offense looks solid. Top 15 team all around. No one is going to be able to blow them out, but on any given Saturday they may can dish out a can of whoopass.

While they are a good team, just how good remains the question. Of their big games (so far): lsu, um, and osu -- Lsu and osu were home-games for which they had long prep times (offseason for lsu, bye week for osu). They beat lsu and just got pipped at the post by osu. To me this demonstrates that given ample prep time, their coaches put it to excellent use. Otoh their matchup against um was really not as close as the final score. Overall I think Wisky with benefit of ample prep time can compete with top-10 but otherwise (rest of the regular season) is a top 20-25 type squad: solid but not fearsome. I think Nebraska, nw, minnesota, and Iowa will demonstrate this in the coming weeks.
Kirk though should learn something from PC about using bowl prep time efficiently.
They are totally legit. Their defense is light years better than anybody we have played so far. If we can protect the QB and open some running lanes, we will have a chance. It will certainly take our best effort of the year. If the team isn't sky high for this one, something is wrong. I think they will give a great effort. Go Hawks!

Reactions: hawkeye_power
Agree Bagders defense is legit,we can't let there QB set back there and make plays.No pass rush = disaster,they have good WR's and TE.This game is going to be tough,might come down to our field goal kicker.

IF we can stop their running game, we'll have a chance to win. If we don't there is no chance

Agree Bagders defense is legit,we can't let there QB set back there and make plays.No pass rush = disaster,they have good WR's and TE.This game is going to be tough,might come down to our field goal kicker.

I think you nailed it. Defense is good and their QB can be dangerous, especially if given time. Their OL is also pretty solid. Both their lines and they have a LB'er (Cichy I believe is his name) that makes a lot of plays.

Reactions: Grandpahawk
We got penalized at least 11 times for over 100 yards against Purdue. We got away with it against the boilers but no way can we do that against Wiscy. The game this week just might come down to who turns the ball over and how many times. Special teams and big plays by the defense will factor in as well. We have to play smart, tough and aggressive football from start to finish.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT