ADVERTISEMENT

How long has your current vacuum been operational?

Tenacious E

HB Legend
Dec 4, 2001
We seem to go through vacuum cleaners like no one's business. Over the past 20 years, we have had some stop working that were rather expensive. Dyson, Shark, etc., it doesn't seem to matter. We have an old-timey hoover with a bag from the 1980s that my wife's grandmother gave us, and it still fires up when called up from the bullpen. I guess they don't make 'em like they used to. What vacuum do you or your servants use, and long has it been plugging away? Looking for a suggestion on a quality one that will last. TIA

Corded - Shark probably at 10 years.
Cordless - Dyson probably at 5 years
Robot - iRobot lasted only 2 years

Reactions: Tenacious E
We seem to go through vacuum cleaners like no one's business. Over the past 20 years, we have had some stop working that were rather expensive. Dyson, Shark, etc., it doesn't seem to matter. We have an old-timey hoover with a bag from the 1980s that my wife's grandmother gave us, and it still fires up when called up from the bullpen. I guess they don't make 'em like they used to. What vacuum do you or your servants use, and long has it been plugging away? Looking for a suggestion on a quality one that will last. TIA
36 years, Kirby

Corded Dyson that I got on Black Friday 15-16 years ago.
Cordless Bessell wife got little over a year ago.
Parents have a Kirby that probably close to 40 and still going

Reactions: Tenacious E
3a7954d845318ff6f7755f3d7954dbac.gif

Corded Dyson that I got on Black Friday 15-16 years ago.
Cordless Bessell wife got little over a year ago.
Parents have a Kirby that probably close to 40 and still going
We have had a couple of Dysons and they both failed after the warranty expired.

We have a Hoover that routinely gets clogged by minuscule issues-hair, bits of paper, whatever. We've had it for at least 7-8 years. Barely use it though, our cleaning lady brings her own.

We replaced all the carpet with tile and threw away the vacuum cleaner.
This is mostly for hard surfaces which we have throughout our first floor and basement. We could just run a broom over it but I like all of the dirt and stuff getting brushed and sucked off the floor.

Buy a Kirby

We have one of these passed down from the in-laws. It's heavier than hell to lug up and down the stairs but it's a great vacuum. Has to be 30 years old.

4ow6dtrpbrr71.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT