ADVERTISEMENT

How long should a round of golf take?

How long should an 18-hole round of golf take?

• 3.5 hours

Votes: 12 23.5%
  • 3.75 hours

Votes: 6 11.8%
  • 4.0 hours

Votes: 28 54.9%
  • 4.25 hours

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 4.5 hours

Votes: 4 7.8%

• Total voters
If you can't play 18 on a normal course in 4 hours, YOU are the problem. YOU should quit playing golf and leave it to those who know how to play.

One positive to waiting is you get to shop. I've had some great honey holes over the years. People too lazy to go find a ball 3 ft into the brush.

The older I get the more I love it. I need to get one of those water retrievers. Walk over a bridge and see a dozen balls

Where did area you end up move to? I remember you inquiring and I recommended the Solon area...
Iowa City.
Walking distance to sports, music and restaurants.
Looked at a few places in each of Solon, NL, Tiffin and Coralville.
Just liked the feel our neighborhood. I like the older more established communities.

But we're 5 min to Finkbine, 10 min to PV, 25 min to Saddle. I really like Saddleback. Fun track and easy to get on most weekends. I could say that about PV too. The price is right and I'm a recreational player just enjoying the game, weather and drinks.

Reactions: jamesvanderwulf
What age is acceptable to use the senior tees. Google tells me 55, I’m 53 and play from the whites. But my distance off the tee has disappeared post multiple back surgeries.

If a course only has Blues, Whites and Reds, as a senior do you play from the intermediate or the women’s?

Shawn my advice would be play from the tee’s that let you truly enjoy playing. Westwood is not a real long course so I play some holes from the whites and some from the senior tees, I play a lot of golf with guys that are 20/25 years younger than me and I try to gauge it to where I am not at a competitive disadvantage on the longer holes and I don’t have a big advantage on the shorter holes.

At Westwood most of the holes the senior and women’s tees are the same.

The older I get the more I love it. I need to get one of those water retrievers. Walk over a bridge and see a dozen balls
Got one years ago. Pays for itself in the first week I got it. If the balls have only been in for a day or so you're good. I also used for some deep woods where I don't fit. Amazing how many people don't go look for their $4-5 balls. I went shopping once while being held up on a par 3. It was a busy weekend and found 29 ball, 15+ were Titleist, Callaways or Taylor Made (basically brand new with no scuffs).

The game inside the game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT