ADVERTISEMENT

How many lies can Rick Scott tell in one commercial?

Republicans are big on this “our country” tripe.....What exactly does “our country” mean? The nation is constantly changing! It is ever-evolving....is “our country” code for meaning in a few years, “white Americans” will no longer be dominant race in the USA? The math has been out there for years....also, Bob Dylan warned us all back in the ‘60’s, “the times they are a changin’”....
Now Rick Scott is spouting his best “Mein Kaumpf” to alarm America as to the inevitable march of time and numbers. Unless America turns itself into an isolationist island of Christian fundamentalist white superiority Scott is talking about a world that never was...and a world that never will be.

What lies did he tell?
How about this. I'll state two lies and you state two truths.

1. Wide open borders. It's a favorite GOP talking point but it's just not true. There are more apprehensions now than at any point in the Trump presidency.
2. Inflation is outpacing wages. That may have been true 12-18 months ago but it's not now.

Your turn.

Reactions: cigaretteman
But they're not good at messaging right @binsfeldcyhawk2? Tell a lie often enough and with conviction, it is perceived to be true.
Let me try: Russia colluded with Trump

Did repeating that lie work on much of the public?

Laundering the lie through an FBI investigation made for a lot of great headlines, about a lie.

Do you still perceive it to be true? Maybe it’s true and the FBI just isn’t good at investigating?

Let me try: Russia colluded with Trump

Did repeating that lie work on much of the public?

Laundering the lie through an FBI investigation made for a lot of great headlines, about a lie.

Do you still perceive it to be true? Maybe it’s true and the FBI just isn’t good at investigating?
What in the living hell does that have to do with this thread? Don't you have another to mess up?

Reactions: cigaretteman
How about this. I'll state two lies and you state two truths.

1. Wide open borders. It's a favorite GOP talking point but it's just not true. There are more apprehensions now than at any point in the Trump presidency.
2. Inflation is outpacing wages. That may have been true 12-18 months ago but it's not now.

Your turn.

1. More apprehensions because vastly more people are trying to enter under their perceptions about what will happen. But what percentage of these apprehensions are expelled vs released into the country? That’s the germane figure to determine the efficacy with one is ‘closing the border’.

2. Not so fast, my friend! Wages in September [2023] increased 0.2% while prices increased 0.4%, so real wages decreased by 0.2%

bfm1D5B.jpg

What in the living hell does that have to do with this thread? Don't you have another to mess up?
Politicians lying to the public and the public lapping it up? Or is this thread only about some politicians lying to the public and the public lapping it up?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT