ADVERTISEMENT

Mitt Romney says he will not seek a second term in the Senate

F57siP4XEAAbHa0

• Angry
Reactions: cigaretteman
He’s 76. He should not run again. The majority of us here should be applauding this decision, regardless of party.
Mental fitness is a legit issue. And, sure, there's a correlation between advancing chronological age and mental acuity. But there's plenty of variability. Lots of wise old folks. Lots of idiot youngsters.

Age may justify closer inspection, but not rejection.

I'd rather have Bernie, Joe or Lizzie any day than, say, Bobert. Wouldn't you?

378339026_10159106260937513_7817922105210489904_n.jpg

Last edited:
Mental fitness is a legit issue. And, sure, there's a correlation between advancing chronological age and mental acuity. But there's plenty of variability. Lots of wise old folks. Lots of idiot youngsters.

Age may justify closer inspection, but not rejection.

I'd rather have Bernie, Joe or Lizzie any day than, say, Bobert. Wouldn't you?

378339026_10159106260937513_7817922105210489904_n.jpg

My perspective on this subject is less about downside of the natural decline in ability as we age, and more about recognizing the character of a person that has the desire to retire while mentally and physically fit enough to enjoy the winter of their lives. It's not an easy thing to take oneself out of the game, and to me that shows something more important than the ability to just hang on and win elections.

Reactions: HawksR1 and goldmom
My perspective on this subject is less about downside of the natural decline in ability as we age, and more about recognizing the character of a person that has the desire to retire while mentally and physically fit enough to enjoy the winter of their lives. It's not an easy thing to take oneself out of the game, and to me that shows something more important than the ability to just hang on and win elections.
Well stated.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT