ADVERTISEMENT

How many tacos would you eat at an endless taco night?

how many tacos?

• 1 or fewer

Votes: 4 8.5%

Votes: 2 4.3%

Votes: 3 6.4%

Votes: 10 21.3%

Votes: 18 38.3%
  • more than 10?

Votes: 4 8.5%
  • between 69 and 420

Votes: 6 12.8%

• Total voters
In college there was a Tex-mex place that was mostly populated by single moms and businessmen looking for single moms and cheap margaritas. Monday nights had all you could eat white-boy tacos for like $8. They weren’t great but their house made salsas were amazing so you just douse them up with those. Easily would get 8 in. Today two of those would have me up all night racing for the bathroom.
I could handle eating some shitty white folk tacos if they came with good house made salsas/sauces. A good sauce can be an absolute game changer.

Reactions: jawatkins
Just had some tacos from Los Primos and they were good. Not a speck of nasty soapy cilantro in sight

• Haha
Reactions: McLovin32
If I could take the tomatos off there and just put some chunky salsa and sour cream on it, I'd probably eat at least a dozen.

I could probably eat somewhere between 5-10. Maybe more if I’m hungry. I can dominate tacos.

Pizza on the other hand, can rarely eat more than two slices. Pizza buffets are wasted on me.

Reactions: McLovin32
Best taco:

Street taco style -- thin white corn tortilla, cilantro, onions, lime juice -- with pork al pastor and a good green sauce.

(the jalapeno cream sort or the tomatillo based if I'm not feeling spicy)

Preferably the al pastor is relatively finely diced and has crispy edges. Don't like it soggy.

Was that an IFOCE sanctioned event?
It wasn't, MLE requires a 3 year contract and if in it you cannot compete in non MLE contests for money.

I do have several friends that are pros and compete in the Nathan's hot dog eating contest. They would easily double and beyond my 27 taco mark.

In my younger days, 10 easily and maybe more. Nowadays I could still do that, it'd just take me 2-3x as long to do so - and then I probably wouldn't eat much of anything else for a couple days.

CSB: I'm in good with the owner/president of Majoe League Eating and have helped with some contests. Joey Chestnutt is a fun dude and a party animal. The amount of beer that dude puts down is incredible. Pitchers and pitchers of beer down as if it was a simple 12 oz can.
Is he bulimic? If not, where does it all go?

CSB: I'm in good with the owner/president of Majoe League Eating and have helped with some contests. Joey Chestnutt is a fun dude and a party animal. The amount of beer that dude puts down is incredible. Pitchers and pitchers of beer down as if it was a simple 12 oz can.

He totally gives off that vibe! I’d party with him.

About 15 years ago, we had a taco eating contest at work, the most you could eat in 20 minutes. They weren't wimpy ass Taco Bell tacos either. I ate 16 and came in second to a ringer they brought in who got 18. Even at the advanced age of 54, I could knock down a dozen easily. Tacos are one of the few things I can still eat a ton of and not have it kill my system.

We're just talking a normal size taco it'd be 2. Any more then that and I'd be miserable or sick. I always eat small portions.

Reactions: Hendy hawk
CSB alert: I ate 27 tacos in 8 minutes at an LA taco eating contest and won $1,500 for it.
happy money GIF by Steve Harvey TV

Reactions: pink shizzle
I could probably eat somewhere between 5-10. Maybe more if I’m hungry. I can dominate tacos.

Pizza on the other hand, can rarely eat more than two slices. Pizza buffets are wasted on me.
Everyone knows the best pizza buffet around is Pizza Ranch and it’s because of the fried chicken and home style sides.

When I was in school, there was a taco place at the corner of Market and Gilbert where Artifacts now is. They used to have 3 tacos for a dollar on weekends (may have even been four before that). It was not unheard of to have nine for Friday lunch, Friday dinner, Saturday lunch, and Saturday dinner.

The place had a few video games and there were always seemed to be some kids hanging out there as Central Junior High School still stood where the hospital parking ramp now is. Turned out that the restaurant owner was using those kids to commit burglaries and was described in the newspaper as a "modern-day Fagin." That was the end of the cheap tacos.

I hear this shit all the time and we get it: Mexican tacos/street tacos are delish but sometimes you wanna slum it up with a gringo taco which are also delish.

Plus then I don’t have to be around any Mexicans
Gacho

I went to E Moline Taco John’s on Taco Tuesday. Tacos were 1.25 each, a dollar off. Every taco tasted different. Some the shells were cold. Others the meat was mostly hot sauce. It’s been inconsistent from taco to taco before but not like on Taco Tuesday.

Last edited:
I went to E Moline Taco John’s on Taco Tuesday. Tacos were 1.25 each, a dollar off. Every taco tasted different. Some the shells were cold. Others the meat was mostly hot sauce. It’s been inconsistent from taco to taco before but not like on Taco Tuesday.

Taco John’s can be ridiculously inconsistent. Find a good one stick with it. Most of them are only good for ole’s and cheese dip

Reactions: TC Nole OX
Best taco:

Street taco style -- thin white corn tortilla, cilantro, onions, lime juice -- with pork al pastor and a good green sauce.

(the jalapeno cream sort or the tomatillo based if I'm not feeling spicy)

Preferably the al pastor is relatively finely diced and has crispy edges. Don't like it soggy.
indeed. Sadly though, I had a great place for these from which I would routinely order. Then one night I got food poisoning. Now, they are dead to me.

Reactions: Colonoscopy
Zero… I thought those hard shells were just what people gave little kids because they wouldn’t eat real food.
Yea if I’m going white-boy tacos it’s got to be a flour tortilla warmed on the grill for a bit

Taco John’s can be ridiculously inconsistent. Find a good one stick with it. Most of them are only good for ole’s and cheese dip

When their tacos are made properly, they are good. They are very inconsistent. It all depends on the mood of the low paid employee making your tacos that day.

Reactions: Hendy hawk
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT