ADVERTISEMENT

How many times do you wake up during the night?

BrianNole777

HR All-American
Jan 27, 2023
About 30% of Americans struggle with sleep issues like insomnia.

I read it's normal to wake up 3 or 4 times during the night. I wake up about that amount and will lay in bed and meditate or pray.

I also take Melatonin twice a week if I want to be sure to sleep well.

How many times do you wake up during the night?

Try not to drink liquids 3 hours before bedtime and you should be golden.
And feel like this?

images

On average, once or none, but I typically only sleep about 5-6 hours at a time. My body gets sore if I lay down for much longer than that. A consequence of getting old I guess. If I'm lucky I'll get a nap in the afternoon.

Reactions: BrianNole777
2 or 3. It's less now that I have my blood sugar under control a little better. Was every 2 hours on the nose. You could set your clock to it. Now I sleep much better.

It's weird some nights I wake up multiple times, a number of times that I can't even keep count.

Other nights I don't at all. Last night I slept straight through the night. The night before I woke up at least 3 times.

This. I've been a shit sleeper since I turned 20. I don't really need much though.
I broke my nose in HS and never fixed it therefore I only breathe thru one nostril. Because of that I mouth breathe at night and wake up constantly to drink water for my dry throat. Which in turn wakes me up at least once to piss so it's a vicious circle.

Luckily I am the same and can run all day on 5-6 hours of sleep

Once to take a monster piss, and usually once bc the baby cryin'.

Melatonin give's me absolute vivid dreams, and the first time one of those was a nightmare I stopped taking it. Don't need to see that again.
Melatonin does the same for me. It was wild and violent of a dream. No thanks on the tonin.

I sleep without waking …and it is deep sleep. It is worrisome because my sleep is so deep I feel like someone could break into my house and rummage with reckless abandon and I wouldn’t notice or fidget at all.

Also quick to fall asleep so occasionally find myself waking up at 6am and surprised to find that I’m sitting in the lazy boy as a consequence of nodding off watching TV the night before.

Once to take a monster piss, and usually once bc the baby cryin'.

Melatonin give's me absolute vivid dreams, and the first time one of those was a nightmare I stopped taking it. Don't need to see that again.
One of my favorite games is to take 2 Mellies and see how many times I can wack it before I pass out. Best part is I always win

Never if I eat some indica gummies before bed. The ones with CBN are great too. The melatonin infused ones will knock you out in 10 minutes

Depends on the degree to which my puppy has the runs as we've been transitioning him to a different brand of food.

If you are waking up at night to piss, you really should get a full physical. I cannot stress this enough. Esp. kidney, bladder, sugar, acetylated hemoglobin etc. Don't blow it off. We don't want a dead HORT/GIAO dude or dudette, especially the fun, insane, tin foil types.

Just occasionally will I wake up fully while sleeping. When I do it's usually to pee or because I've started to sweat because I'm too warm. We sleep with a box fan running on high and a white noise machine. I think it helps.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT