ADVERTISEMENT

How Much Does Iowa Spend On NIL...?

PlutoDroid

HR All-State
Aug 16, 2015
Lane Kiffin has been on Twitter complaining/complimenting Ohio State on their 13 million dollar roster investment. He worded it so oddly that I don't know if he thinks it's too low, or too high. My guess is he's miffed that the B1G is embracing the new rules.

Bama fans are upset to lose Downs, Proctor, and Sayin, to the B1G. Forget the ten they lost to Georgia , Texas, or FSU. What's good for the goose, is good for the gander. But apparently the SEC can't handle this.

Does anybody know how much Iowa NIL deals are? Because apparently Kiffin knows what Ohio State pays. Also, these tampering allegations confuse me. It's almost like the NCAA is trying to show they have teeth in this new era. When all of us know they are denture wearing, soup suckers.

Lane Kiffin has been on Twitter complaining/complimenting Ohio State on their 13 million dollar roster investment. He worded it so oddly that I don't know if he thinks it's too low, or too high. My guess is he's miffed that the B1G is embracing the new rules.

Bama fans are upset to lose Downs, Proctor, and Sayin, to the B1G. Forget the ten they lost to Georgia , Texas, or FSU. What's good for the goose, is good for the gander. But apparently the SEC can't handle this.

Does anybody know how much Iowa NIL deals are? Because apparently Kiffin knows what Ohio State pays. Also, these tampering allegations confuse me. It's almost like the NCAA is trying to show they have teeth in this new era. When all of us know they are denture wearing, soup suckers.
Been told iowa fball is between 2-3 million and bball is under 1. Clark has her own deals so not in that #. Wrestling and baseball also under their own programs now.
Their is no tampering in college fball. With that said coaches cannot offer nil $$. They can just refer you to the collective.

Reactions: PlutoDroid
Been told iowa fball is between 2-3 million and bball is under 1. Clark has her own deals so not in that #. Wrestling and baseball also under their own programs now.
Their is no tampering in college fball. With that said coaches cannot offer nil $$. They can just refer you to the collective.
I thought wrestling would be down more than they are. Brought in some really good ones.

I don't personally know what we have in the collective but all signs point to the B1G having far more potential from an NIL perspective than SEC teams typically do. Obviously it will vary from school to school and fanbase to fanbase but because we have larger amounts of business generated wealth and larger cities/broadcasting via network deals/large alumni bases/higher ranked schools academically, and equal or greater appeal, it's easy to forecast it will benefit us more greatly. We've already been winning the money war so when it comes down to that...yeah, I expect us to be in a good position.

There's a lot of variables to account for but Iowa should continue to expand, at least comparably, with most SEC schools...at least, hopefully and based on projection.

The interesting thing to take note of is when NIL does start to utilize funds from athletic departments, which will happen at some point, the B1G will be so far ahead financially at that point, that all of our teams in the B1G will, and should be, very difficult to keep up with competitively.

Sorry, I went meta with this.

Last edited:
You don't need NIL when you have an exciting personality like Kirk Ferentz to pull in the talent.

I asked Kirk this question and his response was " I don't know if you are aware of this but we have gotten by the last 25 years without the NIL, just so you know".
Seriously, Iowa is probably just under middle of the pack in the big as far as NIL money goes. Will be up to top half when needed for next coach. W--- A-- guess.

Clark is the face of women's college basketball. I'm sure she's seeing a dime. After that Buckeye fan ran into her, she should be on some sort of deal for pain relief creme. The 2.3 million for football is around what I heard Michigan was offering this past season. No concrete source on that.
I don't personally know what we have in the collective but all signs point to the B1G having far more potential from an NIL perspective than SEC teams typically do. Obviously it will vary from school to school and fanbase to fanbase but because we have larger amounts of business generated wealth and larger cities/broadcasting via network deals/large alumni bases/higher ranked schools academically, and equal or greater appeal, it's easy to forecast it will benefit us more greatly. We've already been winning the money war so when it comes down to that...yeah, I expect us to be in a good position.

There's a lot of variables to account for but Iowa should continue to expand, at least comparably, with most SEC schools...at least, hopefully and based on projection.

The interesting thing to take note of is when NIL does start to utilize funds from athletic departments, which will happen at some point, the B1G will be so far ahead financially at that point, that all of our teams in the B1G will, and should be, very difficult to keep up with competitively.

Sorry, I went meta with this.
That makes a'lot of sense. The SEC is in places like Athens, Baton Rouge, Oxford, Gainesville, Starkville, Tuscaloosa. Really the only metro areas are Austin, Lexington, or Knoxville.

What can Arkansas really offer?

Reactions: AEG82
Clark is the face of women's college basketball. I'm sure she's seeing a dime. After that Buckeye fan ran into her, she should be on some sort of deal for pain relief creme. The 2.3 million for football is around what I heard Michigan was offering this past season. No concrete source on that.

That makes a'lot of sense. The SEC is in places like Athens, Baton Rouge, Oxford, Gainesville, Starkville, Tuscaloosa. Really the only metro areas are Austin, Lexington, or Knoxville.

What can Arkansas really offer?
Exactly! They have large cities in their areas but are far too rural with exceptions. How can they compete with a national conference with so many high profile markets in the most populated portions of the country? All of our teams are on TV with easy access, in major markets, and the SEC is visibly being mitigated by their relationship with ESPN that is hurting significantly. In many ways, the downfall of ESPN was them "rolling the dice" with the B1G years ago. Now, it's a long drawn out death sentence for a sports network to not have access to B1G programming. When schools are allowed to use athletic department funding for NIL, yeah, the B1G will be a league of it's own that very few of the best players in the country can turn down. Money trumps all and we have so much of it that our schools won't know what to do with it shortly.

I asked Kirk this question and his response was " I don't know if you are aware of this but we have gotten by the last 25 years without the NIL, just so you know".
Seriously, Iowa is probably just under middle of the pack in the big as far as NIL money goes. Will be up to top half when needed for next coach. W--- A-- guess.
Iowa having a low enrollment in comparison to other BT schools puts it at a disadvantage. The BT has about 200,000 more kids in school each year than the SEC, so the alumni network of the BT is quite a bit bigger.

Reactions: AEG82
Am pre

Am pretty sure Ryan Day had previously put out that $13M figure for +O$U that Kiffin references.

Am pre

Am pretty sure Ryan Day had previously put out that $13M figure for +O$U that Kiffin references.
Coaches say a'lot, I usually don't believe most of them. If Kiffin's source is some number Day just threw out, I would doubt the validity. It's a shell game, but I do believe those last three years woke up Ohio State. It was an arrogance that guys would just suit up because it's Ohio State.

They probably could have done this before. Just like Clemson, Penn State, or Michigan.Ohio State has a bigger operating budget than Texas, and the most positive net gain.

So thanks Harbaugh, you woke them up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT