ADVERTISEMENT

How much $$$ is your electric bill?

The Tradition

HR King
Apr 23, 2002
Here at Tradition Manor, the electric bill is around $500 a month in the summer; and more like $150 in the winter. The air conditioning is the biggest driver. Hot days with no afternoon rain to cool things down really cause that electric meter to spin.

Reactions: TarponSpringsNole
$310 a month on budget billing no matter the usage based on a 12 month average. So ours would probably run around the same (500-600/100-150) monthly but I’d rather pay the same each month.

Reactions: The Tradition
Mine varies wildly.

In the spring/fall it's around $80/mo. I have the windows open for weeks at a time.

In the middle of the summer and winter it can get to $300.

My place isn't extremely well insulated, but I benefit from long periods of temperate weather.

Reactions: TarponSpringsNole
Gas and electric are on the same bill. I pay $178 a month on the budget plan. Summer usage rarely exceeds $225 for just electric.

How the hell are yall running electric bills that high? I live in the deep south where it's quite warm in the summer and never break $150. Both AC units get quite the work out as I'm frequently in and out.

How the hell are yall running electric bills that high? I live in the deep south where it's quite warm in the summer and never break $150. Both AC units get quite the work out as I'm frequently in and out.

FPL has to pay for all the hurricane repairs somehow....

500-700 but in defense my daughter’s apartment is also on the bill while she is at FSU. What sucks is City of Tallahassee has a lot of fees that I get double hit for. I think with two account using nothing I still would have a base 150 bill.

• Sad
Reactions: NDallasRuss
In Iowa, my bills vary wildly. In the summer it can get up to 300-400, in spring and fall it can be as low as $125.

I need to update HVAC, 23 year old system is killing the utility bills I think. Just gotta pull the trigger on that project.

We were paying about $185/ month (budget billing) for gas and electric. 3 months ago we went “solar” and our electric bill is $8.95/ month (minimum) and total bill ran $45 in April and $22 in May....We will be watching closely now as pool motor runs 24/7 and AC will be running in the hot season.

Reactions: billanole
This is kind of sad but I don’t know. My wife takes care of these type of bills and I don’t hear about them unless she tells me. Then I forget anyway.

About tree fiddy.

No, seriously here in beautiful Omaha, Knebreaska ours varies from about $70 - $150 or so at August peak. Our bill due June 21 is $103.84. Our daily electricity cost was $3.15. CSB.

Here at Tradition Manor, the electric bill is around $500 a month in the summer; and more like $150 in the winter. The air conditioning is the biggest driver. Hot days with no afternoon rain to cool things down really cause that electric meter to spin.
Holy crap!!! $148 last month with Chelco…

You know the windows have to be closed so the AC functions properly right? 😊

2 story house and our upstairs layout was really inefficient even with a new system. Basically runs at 68 all summer and if there’s no clouds or rain it still never pulls below 74 until after midnight. If it’s 90 outside until 10pm then there’s not much help. And we like it cold when we sleep.

We just renovated upstairs. replaced windows, gutted the exterior walls for upgraded insulation and added a few more return ducts so hopefully that helps.

My electric is with TECO. Summer ranges from $250 to $tree fiddy. Winter 100 to 200

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT