ADVERTISEMENT

How much should it cost to resurface a concrete swimming pool deck?

I'm in the process of getting quotes for pool and pool deck renovation and just had the first vendor out to do an assessment. The guy's ballpark guess was in the $17k-$19k range just for the pool. That's for resurfacing with a quartz aggregate vs straight plaster. I'll be getting at least two more quotes but thought this was on the high side.
Definitely seems high but who the f knows given price increases. Will be interested to see how the other quotes come in.

Definitely seems high but who the f knows given price increases. Will be interested to see how the other quotes come in.

The first quote was both the cheapest and seemed like the more premium option. The first guy is basically going to remove all existing plaster and replace with the quartz aggregate. The other two guys were proposing grinding down some of the old plaster and then plastering over top of that. Second quote was $25k and third quote was $23k.

For Trad's pool deck question, I did ask the first guy about options and he quoted $3,500 for doing what Trad was quoted around $5k which is grinding down old concrete, covering with epoxy, then covering with another coating to finish it. I'll probably hold off on the pool deck until next year and do travertine tile or something similar.

Reactions: JMSBFD
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT