ADVERTISEMENT

How one college spends more than $30M on 241 DEI staffers … and the damage it does to kids

NorthernHawkeye

HR Legend
Dec 23, 2007
Having recently embarked on a new five-year DEI plan, UM is paying more than $30 million to 241 DEI staffers this academic year alone, Mark Perry found in a recent analysis for the College Fix.

🙄

Do you think tabloids are the best sources to be citing?

Another right-wing dunce.

Turned all those Michigan boys into a bunch of panzy ass woke panty sniffers that would get their ass handed to them if they ever got into a brawl with some real men from Washington.

• Haha
Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
Turned all those Michigan boys into a bunch of panzy ass woke panty sniffers that would get their ass handed to them if they ever got into a brawl with some real men from Washington.

Washington passed a law requiring DEI.

🙄

Do you think tabloids are the best sources to be citing?

Another right-wing dunce.
Northern only relies on the best media sources for his information.
Follow the links. Sure, it started in a NYPost article... but you can fact check.

Here's the spreadsheet:

You could easily fact check that against public records.

Follow the links. Sure, it started in a NYPost article... but you can fact check.

Here's the spreadsheet:

You could easily fact check that against public records.

I have no idea what that is supposed to be.is their a sane person providing commentary to explain what we can gather from this?

I have no idea what that is supposed to be.is their a sane person providing commentary to explain what we can gather from this?
Document the article was based on. A few links deep if you follow them off the main article from NYPost. Took me 30 seconds to find.

I haven't gone through it all. My point is that stuff like this from the NYPost can be based on legit info, you just have to do the work to verify.

Of course that doesn't answer the question of whether or not spending that money on DEI is intelligent or not, and this was an opinion piece.

Reactions: ZachJump
Document the article was based on. A few links deep if you follow them off the main article from NYPost. Took me 30 seconds to find.

I haven't gone through it all. My point is that stuff like this from the NYPost can be based on legit info, you just have to do the work to verify.

Of course that doesn't answer the question of whether or not spending that money on DEI is intelligent or not, and this was an opinion piece.

And my point is that the OP says it is damaging kids. I’m not interested in why a tabloid thinks that.

@SocraticIshmael

What are your preferred sources?

🤣

Your entitlement in requesting everyone to answer your questions is quite the epitome of male white privilege, but I'll indulge you, simpleton.

I read a lot of different sources, but the following are the ones I probably use the most. I have a subscription and/or app for each of them.

Regarding reliability, all dwarf Murdoch's toilet tabloid, the New York Post.

🤣

Your entitlement in requesting everyone to answer your questions is quite the epitome of male white privilege, but I'll indulge you, simpleton.

I read a lot of different sources, but the following are the ones I probably use the most. I have a subscription and/or app for each of them.

So the majority of your listed sources are left biased.

And what makes you think I’m a white male?

Reactions: Hawkman34
🤣

Hey, Lysenko!

Which one shows "race" and "gender" as quantifiable?

• Haha
Reactions: SocraticIshmael
Having recently embarked on a new five-year DEI plan, UM is paying more than $30 million to 241 DEI staffers this academic year alone, Mark Perry found in a recent analysis for the College Fix.

Misuse of funds. Perpetrators should be investigated and charged.

These funds could be used for education instead of advancing a political agenda.

Deplorable!

Reactions: Hawkman34
So the majority of your listed sources are left biased.

And what makes you think I’m a white male?

Fair point, and I actually thought I was responding to Northern (the questioning is his thing). And yes, many of my sources lean left, but they score highly regarding accuracy.

With a background in research, I find it easy to separate bias from a source's presented facts.

I simply don't read sources who are habitually inaccurate (like the New York Post). Right wing sources are far more frequently inaccurate (proven through research and lawsuits).

With a background in research, I find it easy to separate bias from a source's presented facts.
giphy.gif

🤣

It's more about quality than bias for a good reader.

Bias is much more granular than simple source. Certain authors have certain biases. Certain departments have certain biases.

We live in a world where news and analysis is produced for a target audience. You have to hop around to get everything you need -- no longer are the days where just reading the NYT or this or that is good enough. You have to be an intelligent shopper lest your information diet be insufficient.

It's more about quality than bias for a good reader.

Bias is much more granular than simple source. Certain authors have certain biases. Certain departments have certain biases.

We live in a world where news and analysis is produced for a target audience. You have to hop around to get everything you need -- no longer are the days where just reading the NYT or this or that is good enough. You have to be an intelligent shopper lest your information diet be insufficient.

I would agree with this, particularly the point you make in the second paragraph. However, an "intelligent shopper" knows there are some sources that are completely irrelevant and unreliable. Said shopper, if intelligent, wouldn't waste the time with those sources (the New York Post, for example).

Like a wormy muhfvcker who thinks his ideology is "Truth," writ large?

Someone like your wormy ass, sweaty?

🤣

You are certainly entertaining, little guy.

You are also irrelevant and unworthy of engagement outside of pointing out your significant inadequacies already recognized by anyone with a brain on this board.

You're cute...😘

Reactions: artradley
I would agree with this, particularly the point you make in the second paragraph. However, an "intelligent shopper" knows there are some sources that are completely irrelevant and unreliable. Said shopper, if intelligent, wouldn't waste the time with those sources (the New York Post, for example).
"With a background in research"

I am not compelled to cite a goddamned thing!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT