ADVERTISEMENT

How organized is your garage?

HROT

HB Heisman
Nov 5, 2006
I wish I didn’t have a workbench. Instant catch-all.

I think next home will have the separate work bench area behind the parking area so I don’t see it every time I park.

Reactions: Twoooooooo
On a scale from 1 - 10. 1 being cluttered ceiling to toe in boxes I'll never understand, to 10 a spic-and-span wiped down sparkling paradise.

I probably fall around a 6-7. Things are "in their place" not necessarily all put away, but I can park the cars in it and find what I'm looking for. Could use a sweep, though. My work bench is also my catch all, but it's not too bad. Mostly just garden pots and stuff laying out.

Reactions: goldmom and Moral
Very clean.

There's a place for everything, and everything in its place.

2afba437-b4ab-459a-a4a0-fa756964f4d1_text.gif

Fairly organized . I have a Rubbermaid fast track system on the walls for hanging stuff and we do a pretty good job of keeping it clean. I want to install ceiling mounted storage and a few more wall tracks .

About a 6.9

I swapped out my workbech on casters and have materials to build a retractable workbench

Fuk Dennis, I’m not apologizing to that wimp
“F Dennis Taylor” is one of my favorite lines from FT. Mostly because Dennis Taylor is the name of my uncle who I dislike. He was also our town cop growing up. F Dennis Taylor. I’ve repeated this line hundreds if not thousands of times in my lifetime.

• Love
Reactions: Twoooooooo
10/10 2 car garage. Last Memorial Day i rented a dumpster and have maintained a clean garage since. If it looks dirty it's usually just because it needs a good sweep.

Best idea my contractor had when demoing our kitchen years ago was to repurpose some of the old cabinets into the garage. Everything is out of sight except what’s hanging on hooks.

Reactions: ericram
Both are very organized. Until my wife gets things and then brings them back. Nothing in its place till I go in and reorganize it.

My no-pic wife retired. All the shit she wanted to "hang on to" went to the garage. Been sitting in there for two years and never touched. I retired in July and there's no f'n room for the really important items I want to "hang on to". :mad:

Reactions: The Tradition
About a 6/7. I have a couple friend on the street that are solid 9’s (I gotta give one of them a 10) that make me feel guilty whenever I’m there. It helps that we all have workshops and storage in our basements, and the HOA does most of the lawn work, so we don’t need a whole lot in the garage.

Mine could be a solid 8 but Mrs Radley always buys shit she intends to use so she won’t let me put it away, so it just sits there for months. She had a small stack of drift wood that she intended to do crafts with, that was there for four years before I threw it out a few weeks ago.

My no-pic wife retired. All the shit she wanted to "hang on to" went to the garage. Been sitting in there for two years and never touched. I retired in July and there's no f'n room for the really important items I want to "hang on to". :mad:
Classy response: Build an addition (or 2) onto your house.

Less classy response: Rent a storage unit (or 2).

Best idea my contractor had when demoing our kitchen years ago was to repurpose some of the old cabinets into the garage. Everything is out of sight except what’s hanging on hooks.
Glad he gave you that idea but hoping on a full kitchen remodel that that was not his best idea

One vehicle can fit in a two car garage. But, there's the beer fridge, full size upright freezer and the golf cart in there too.

I’d say 9/10. I bought a stihl blower and a blower for my Milwaukee just to keep the dog hair out.

I can get two cars in there so I think it’s a solid 7.5 because it’s actually pretty organized.
Lots of houses in Florida lack an inside laundry room and the W/D are in the garage. Like mine.
Also we don’t have basements so a lot of garages here are “Florida basements”.

If you walked in my garage you would give it a 2-3 but to me its a working garage with a big air compressor, every tool, gauges to rebuild an engine, 2 toolboxes, one wall is pegboard with 50 hooks. i have a mig welder. I have a lg lathe, floor drill press. Its a place i can go to relax, sharpen tools, and keep oiled, if i don't have a project.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT