ADVERTISEMENT

How was your Memorial Day?

artradley

HR Legend
Apr 26, 2013
We had a two couple over for drinks in the patio, then I made smash burgers and clogged everyone’s arteries. As the sun went down we moved to the screen porch for dessert, with lots of loud conversation.

I miss restaurants, wineries, comedy clubs, etc. But so long as you can hang out with friends life is good. Thank goodness for the warm weather.

Smoked a brisket and had a few beers with friends at their house before the storm moved in. I then helped a deputy move a tree from the road by our house into the neighbors yard. The neighbor is a lazy ass, so it will probably sit in his yard for a year.

Was raining most of the day, so went with plan b which was firing off some pizzas for the fam in the wood fire brick oven out back. Couple bottles of pinot, and finished it off with a family bike ride as the skies cleared. Nice, relaxing day.

Hot out here. Nearly 100 for a high. Went for a hike a couple hours north of here where it was a little cooler (about 90) and had shaded trails. Even with the heat, it was nice to spend a full day with my wife and kids.

Reactions: TarponSpringsNole
pedego-conveyor-7.jpg

Reactions: Run&Blade
Rained 30 min today & partly sunny the rest of the day up here in NW WI.
Just relaxed and read some.
Whole weekend was supposed to rain a lot and only real rain was today.
All in all not a bad holiday

Hot out here. Nearly 100 for a high. Went for a hike a couple hours north of here where it was a little cooler (about 90) and had shaded trails. Even with the heat, it was nice to spend a full day with my wife and kids.

???
I've been spending all day everyday with my wife and kids.

Started out in a heavy rain in Minneapolis, and I almost hydroplaned on I-35 in a construction zone. I saw the car ahead of me throw up a giant splash so I backed off the gas. When I hit the small pond on the pavement I felt the front end shimmy a little, but I kept it together.
5 hours and only one stop at a Kum & Go with a bunch of filthy non mask wearers we were in sunny IC where I saw hot college girls in bikinis along Dodge Street, and Burlington Street. When I got home I saw that the yard I'd mowed three days ago looked like it hadn't been mowed in a month. After I knocked that out I cleaned up, and started sipping Bud Light while watching the Simpsons. Pretty good day, all in all.

Not new thread worthy, but was this a first world Memorial Day problem? I was looking for a dessert item and found the cupboards and freezing distressingly barren. Eventually I found a container of Betty Crocker chocolate frosting, and some graham crackers. However, all the standard knives were in the washer, which is running. I then had to decide if I wanted to spread the frosting with a fork, spoon, or a steak knife?

Reactions: dgordo
Solid day. Went for a bike ride with the kids earlier. Nailed ops mom in the afternoon. Cooked up some strips on the grill tonight. Pretty good day.

Got up at 4:30 to put up flags with oldest son. Went to work. Came home, 30 minute nap. Tried to mow lawn at my new house in town. Rain. Slice of Casey’s pizza. Took down flags in torrential downpour. Just got home.

Rained on and off here, but it stopped mid-afternoon just when I needed it to so that I could light the grill and sizzle up the full rack of beef ribs I'd been slow cooking in the oven at 250.
I made potato salad, baked beans, marinated cucumber/tomato salad, fresh corn on the cob, and the ribs. My sister brought homemade key lime cheesecake bars for dessert.
Everything was delicious.

Last night at a small get together with friends I bet Mrs. Dragon (no pics) that I could make a basketball shot into one of those small floating pool b-ball hoops from about 40 ft out. Told her to chug a beer if I made it and logically, she took the bet since we all knew I would miss it.

Well, wouldn’t ya know it but I drained that s***. However, Mrs. Dragon is on a bit of a health kick and did not feel in the mood to chug a beer. Everyone took my side and said that skank needed to pay up.

Parlayed that into a morning beej today. Awesome. Then I ate and swam and drank and ate. America!!!

It was my daughter's second birthday. Finally had grandparents over so she was happy to see them. Did a lot of work on the yard with the grandpa's to try and sod/ fix my yard from when an excavator tore it up.

It was really nice to see family but now we are all going into hibernation.

We had a two couple over for drinks in the patio, then I made smash burgers and clogged everyone’s arteries. As the sun went down we moved to the screen porch for dessert, with lots of loud conversation.

I miss restaurants, wineries, comedy clubs, etc. But so long as you can hang out with friends life is good. Thank goodness for the warm weather.
Swam in the pool and enjoyed the sun and warm weather. Some family friends dropped buy and we had an impromptu party with them. Kids swam and the adults drank beer. I grilled some burgers and brats. It was fantastic until the rain came and then tornado sirens and then a tornado. It was a few miles away but it made the day memorable, which was fitting.

Last edited:
Not new thread worthy, but was this a first world Memorial Day problem? I was looking for a dessert item and found the cupboards and freezing distressingly barren. Eventually I found a container of Betty Crocker chocolate frosting, and some graham crackers. However, all the standard knives were in the washer, which is running. I then had to decide if I wanted to spread the frosting with a fork, spoon, or a steak knife?
Certified FWP.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT