ADVERTISEMENT

How worried are you about AI?

Once I've had it with you people once and for all I'm gonna go to one of those AI generators and ask it to create Skynet. When the bombs go off I'll be laughing my ass off while I take all of humanity with me.

• Haha
Reactions: ericram
Interested to hear what a group of average Americans thinks about the development and progression of AI in America and the world.

Do you think it will be beneficial to most of us in terms of higher productivity/ easier work in our jobs or do you think it will solely be used by the ruling class as a way to replace working people while simultaneously leaving them in the dust?

Do you worry at all about AI becoming too sentient and eventually becoming the “big brother” figure that writers have prognosticated about for decades or believe it will simply be a way for us all to enhance our own intelligence?

All of the above?
AI + weapons = we are F’d

Reactions: ericram
Computers so fast they can simulate billions of solutions and based on all digitalized history pick the best option. And it gets better and better on a geometric scale.
Yup. And given those same inputs, a computer will produce the “best” result, according to the “rules” it has been given, and the same result every time. Completely mechanical and without “intelligence”.

A human will not do that.

I don't like when I type a Google search looking for how other home owners, vehicle owners, etc. have fixed a minor problem that the first thing I get is some AI explanation instead of a thread from a message board or a Youtube video of someone actually dealing with a similar situation. If I want AI's help I'll ask AI.

Last edited:
Reactions: Moral
screen-shot-2023-01-17-at-9.16.30-am.png

AI can and probably will have a big influence on my industry. It already has somewhat with PTC. My specific field needs people though and always will.

All I want is for it to get to the point of helping us with doing laundry and other boring tasks instead of it just making bad art.

I'm nearing retirement so AI's impact on me will likely be secondary in nature,.. However, I do see this budding technology as being akin to something like the new "internet",.. in that most of us won't fully understand it at the outset, the changes that it brings will be both good & bad, and the investment opportunities will be significant...

Last edited:
Interested to hear what a group of average Americans thinks about the development and progression of AI in America and the world.

Do you think it will be beneficial to most of us in terms of higher productivity/ easier work in our jobs or do you think it will solely be used by the ruling class as a way to replace working people while simultaneously leaving them in the dust?

Do you worry at all about AI becoming too sentient and eventually becoming the “big brother” figure that writers have prognosticated about for decades or believe it will simply be a way for us all to enhance our own intelligence?

All of the above?

Like anything new. . . all of the above and more.

Companies are literally calling everything AI. Like, they'd call a calculator AI right now if they could. It is extremely overhyped. I think it might take away some jobs in the call center, graphic design, and writing arenas, but I don't see if totally ending all workers.

Technology usually ends careers but opens doors for new ones. Capitalism is the greatest way to advance technology and innovation, and I think it will be for the best in the long run.

The AI support chat bots have to be the most useless things in existence. Those are likely not AI. Just a random response generator

One of my co-workers got frustrated with an AI controlled phone system at one of our partner's offices yesterday. He wanted a human, but the questions it was asking him were going nowhere. He said in frustration, "I want to talk to a human you f***ing POS"!
The system responded, "I prefer to be called an AI thinking machine", then started asking him more questions.
He's convinced an appliance will kill him in his sleep after insulting the AI over lords.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT