ADVERTISEMENT

HROT only- pick a POTUS

tenor.gif

Point?

Steve Bullock...he would be low on my list but if he can't get over 60%, nobody can.

He can't and no one can.

I mean God help us if we ever have to replace a VP with the House in control of one party and the Senate in control of the other. In past times this impasse would be solved with a moderate member of the president's party. Today I don't think they could agree on one. Trump would never nominate someone who hasn't always been 100% loyal. And the Dems would never approve of someone who's always been 100% loyal to Trump. To be fair it's doubtful that someone who isn't 100% loyal would even want the job.

He can't and no one can.

I mean God help us if we ever have to replace a VP with the House in control of one party and the Senate in control of the other. In past times this impasse would be solved with a moderate member of the president's party. Today I don't think they could agree on one. Trump would never nominate someone who hasn't always been 100% loyal. And the Dems would never approve of someone who's always been 100% loyal to Trump. To be fair it's doubtful that someone who isn't 100% loyal would even want the job.
I doubt Gerald Ford could get approval today and he was as innocuous and middle-of-the-road as they get. The sad part is it would be the GOP that would block him.

Reactions: Hoosierhawkeye
I doubt Gerald Ford could get approval today and he was as innocuous and middle-of-the-road as they get. The sad part is it would be the GOP that would block him.

He was also highly respected by both sides.

Who's around that could do that? I mean say we have a Dem in power in 2 years and we need a new VP. Senate belongs to the R's and House belongs to the D's in roughly the same numbers as now.

Manchin would be the most obvious candidate. But could he be approved? Or would the hard left who just can't stand anyone that isn't 100% with them combine with the hard right who would mostly be sensing an opportunity to exploit divisions in the Democratic party vote him down?

All drugs would be legal. No victim, no crime policy. Harmony. No wars either. Let the folks of other countries figure out their own countries. The only new government oversight would be in men's stores the only shorts available for purchase are cargo shorts and shorts 5.5" to 7" long.
MAKE AMERICA FUN AGAIN!

All drugs would be legal. No victim, no crime policy. Harmony. No wars either. Let the folks of other countries figure out their own countries. The only new government oversight would be in men's stores the only shorts available for purchase are cargo shorts and shorts 5.5" to 7" long.

This effng guy has my vote.

Reactions: WisestIowan
Clicked on this bc thread title suggests we are picking a HROT poster only for US POTUS.

I'll nominate myself w OiT as my VP to provide a layer of assassination protection.
Bro OiT will be wandering around the White House with one of these most of the time, probably looking like:

Cbxa8Rr.jpg

Reactions: unIowa

You lost me at the end. Some of us are taller than 5'6".

Mike Rowe is a terrible choice. Why would you think that would get more than 60%, he's basically another conservative. My Trump loving nutty cousin shares his facebook posts all the time. Never seen him say or post anything liberal.

To be honest I don't think there is anyone who would make for a consensus (60% of popular vote or more) president. We're just too divided.

You might think of moderate members of either party but in reality they would get the fewest votes of all. The party they are in are trained to think of them as traitors and hate their guts. The opposite party might consider them reasonable but when it comes down to it they want their own person.
Oh so Mike doesn't hate this country. There goes support from half of the democratic party. Sad as it is, I don't see today's leftist showing any interest in trying to preserve what once made us great.

Reactions: royhobbs2
Bro OiT will be wandering around the White House with one of these most of the time, probably looking like:

Cbxa8Rr.jpg
I know, it’s perfect. I’m gonna send him to Roswell first to get the facts on this alien ish out.

I voted for this guy last election, 'cos he asked me to at his concert that year:
73208_v9_ba.jpg

I'd add this fella as his veep:

1269_v9_ba.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT