ADVERTISEMENT

HROTers (new refugees included), in what city do you reside?

I live out in the country and my address is actually a New Carlisle address (small town nearby) but for all intents and purposes, South Bend, IN

My mom was born in New Carlisle and our family still has a farm there.

I’m in Atlanta (ITP, Toco Hills area)

Reactions: NoleATL
Volusia County, Florida. Home of the Daytona Beach International Speedway and the shark bite capital of the world.

And Florida's most dense congregation of white trash.

Haha, RRR and I had Volusia accurately pegged at the same time.

Just east of the huge town Cumming, IA.

We're clearly the most satisfying Des Moines suburb.
giphy.gif

My mom was born in New Carlisle and our family still has a farm there.

I’m in Atlanta (ITP, Toco Hills area)

Was your mom born at home?? New Carlisle lacks a hospital.

Our kids where all born in Mishawaka because the hospital in South Bend was not in our insurance network at the time.

I hope I'm never too old or too mature to not find my town name at least a little funny.

Based on reading your posts for years, I don't think you have anything to worry about. I giggle and point it out every time I drive by a Cummings exit. The in-laws live in KC so it's become a bit of a holiday tradition.

Reactions: JWolf74
So are you one of those moochers who pay rural property taxes but get to send your kids to WDM schools?

1. Norwalk schools
B. The taxes are surprisingly high for being in the boonies. I think out tax bill is about 8200 a year.

Jeebus. Chez JWolf must be bitchin'!

I hate moving so I purposefully bought a house bigger than current need in anticipation of another kid in the future.

Also it has the finished basement with a bar, so I can escape said kids.

Sorry dude, your shithole beats the shit out of the shithole that is Gainesville in the white trash category. And it explodes exponentially when the "rubbin' is racin'" crowd comes to town.'.

Bike Week is a better example. The race fans are not poors. Rednecks, yes... but they bring RVs that cost $200,000 onto the in field.

Reactions: NoleFan2U
Was your mom born at home?? New Carlisle lacks a hospital.

Our kids where all born in Mishawaka because the hospital in South Bend was not in our insurance network at the time.

I don't know where she was physically born, but her parents brought her home to their house in New Carlisle.

Atlanta suburbs here (Alpharetta).

Just moved, before that Cumming for almost 20 years.

Take that Sting.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT