ADVERTISEMENT

Hung jury split 7-1 in favor of acquitting Nogales rancher in murder trial, defense says

NorthernHawkeye

HR Legend
Dec 23, 2007
Prosecutor Kim Hunley, Santa Cruz county attorney, is expected to announce at a Monday status hearing whether the case is headed for a retrial or not. Kelly is charged with second-degree murder and one count of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.

Wow, remember this when it happened and thought he was toast. Shot at a guy walking hundred yards away in the back. Lied about it and still the jury was mostly willing to let him walk. That's rural Arizona for you... Mexicans are considered no more than an "animal" as Kelly originally described the victim when he spoke to investigators.

The body was found 115 yards away from his porch? That's a long ass way for "self defense" or thinking you are in any kind of real danger.

I mean that's 5 yards short of football field edge of the endzone to edge of the endzone and this guy is going to argue he thought he was in danger and his life was threatened?

Get out.

This is jury nullification. Murder is legal in Arizona if the victim is brown.

Reactions: IACub and McLovin32
The body was found 115 yards away from his porch? That's a long ass way for "self defense" or thinking you are in any kind of real danger.

I mean that's 5 yards short of football field edge of the endzone to edge of the endzone and this guy is going to argue he thought he was in danger and his life was threatened?

Get out.

This is jury nullification. Murder is legal in Arizona if the victim is brown.
It's been decades, but there was another property owner not far away near the border who shot at people on his property... turns out it was local teens heading into a dried riverbed to drink some beers away from adult eyes. Luckily he didn't hit any of them, but needless to say I recall that guy got off on that incident as well.

It's been decades, but there was another property owner not far away near the border who shot at people on his property... turns out it was local teens heading into a dried riverbed to drink some beers away from adult eyes. Luckily he didn't hit any of them, but needless to say I recall that guy got off on that incident as well.

What is it that people think they can see a shadow moving in the distance and they think it's ok to come out firing?

I don't mind if you are keeping an eye on them but stop with the shoot first ask questions later.

What is it that people think they can see a shadow moving in the distance and they think it's ok to come out firing?

I don't mind if you are keeping an eye on them but stop with the shoot first ask questions later.
All I recall was the teens took off frightened and their story spread and within a few days police went to the property and the owner denied it... then said he was shooting at illegals... only to be told it was high school kids. Still, at most he received a fine.

All I recall was the teens took off frightened and their story spread and within a few days police went to the property and the owner denied it... then said he was shooting at illegals... only to be told it was high school kids. Still, at most he received a fine.

Because that makes it better.

Reactions: McLovin32
In many circles this is just responsible gun ownership.
I feel like there's a chunk of folks in this country that are just looking for a reason to shoot someone. BUT, they don't want to actually be in danger when they do it, but they need to be in a situation when they can claim they were in danger.

The stats aren't even comparable.
Yeah, and those stats weren't good during either presidents terms because the border has been a massive cluster**** for years and years.

But you already knew that, you just like playing the "Biden did it" card.

Yeah, and those stats weren't good during either presidents terms because the border has been a massive cluster**** for years and years.

But you already knew that, you just like playing the "Biden did it" card.

It is decidedly worse under Biden. It's not even a debatable point.

It is decidedly worse under Biden. It's not even a debatable point.
I never said it wasn't. I said, let's not act like the border was fixed before Biden took over. See, the post below is what we call sarcasm.
Yeah, because Trump locked that shit up airtight before Biden took over.
I was not serious when I said this. I said it because you said:
Biden's border fiasco on display.
as if Biden is the sole person responsible for the border issue. But in reality, it's been an issue for decades and both the republican and democratic party are responsible for it.

I'm glad we got that all figured out. I hope you have a GREAT weekend, Northern.

Biden's border fiasco on display.
How so? This was about a man shooting another man.
The system didn't work this time, but it's the only system we have. Are you one of the people wetting yourself about Trump being tried in Manhattan because he wouldn't get a fair trial? Seems like Mr. Kelly's peers came through for him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT