ADVERTISEMENT

Hunter indictment a 'nuclear bomb for the Bidens,' as Joe sounds like Clinton during Lewinsky scandal: experts!!!

RicoSuave102954

HR All-American
Jul 17, 2023
Montezuma, Iowa
After a California grand jury handed down an indictment of first son Hunter Biden, political analysts predicted the bombshell would put President Biden in a self-constructed "trap" after he again claimed allegations he was in influence-peddling cahoots with his brother and son were "lies."

A grand jury empaneled in the Central District of California – which comprises Los Angeles – handed down an indictment against Hunter Biden.

"I think a lot of people felt … that David Weiss was going to let these charges skate and Hunter Biden would never be held accountable for making millions of dollars overseas. And a lot of people will say that was inappropriate," former Rep. Sean Duffy, R-Wis., said.

An excerpt from the indictment obtained by Fox News said "the defendant engaged in a four-year scheme to not pay at least $1.4 million in self-assessed he owed for tax years 2016 through 2019."

Duffy also surmised that if legal conditions worsen for the Bidens in this Los Angeles case, that Democrats are going to seek an "off ramp [and] look to the hair-gel governor" there in 2024.

George Washington University Law Prof. Jonathan Turley told Fox News the indictment may rhetorically box-in President Biden, due to his long-held denials of knowledge or participation in his son's foreign business dealings.

Turley riffed that there's some similarity between Biden's denials and former President Clinton's famed attestation, "I did not have sexual relations with that woman," during the 1998 Whitewater-Lewinsky scandal.

"I mean, basically [Biden is] saying ‘I did not have interactions with those people’," Turley said.

"It didn't work for Clinton. And it's even more insulting here," he added, pointing to polling showing a majority of Americans including a swath of Democrats telling pollsters they don't believe Biden on this front.

Turley contrasted that with his own prediction that no Democrats would support the GOP's impeachment inquiry.

"But what the president is facing is a trap of his own making. He ran for office promising, assuring, the American people that he had no knowledge of these transactions," he said. "That has been directly contradicted. Hunter Biden himself contradicted his father on that. But you have Hunter's close associate saying that that's absolute nonsense, that, of course, he knew."

"So, [Joe is] in this, this sort of frozen-in-amber with a story that he cannot possibly maintain," he added.

Turley later added that the Justice Department has let the statute of limitation run out on the "most serious" potential charges against Hunter Biden.

At the same time, he proffered that Republicans may actually suffer a political loss in one way from the indictment announcement, because the younger Biden may choose to invoke his Fifth Amendment rights against self-incrimination, and potentially therefore stymie Congress' ability to question him under oath.

Washington Times opinion editor Charles Hurt added to Fox News that the indictment must be "like a nuclear bomb going off for the Biden family," saying that it must terrify President Biden as he approaches his reelection contest to have his son indicted for something he may or may not be connected to.

"The other part of this is regardless [of whether] Joe Biden is completely untainted by any of this in any sort of legal sense or in any sort of business sense, which I would be highly skeptical of – but even if that were the case, he still has lied to the American people about it over and over and over again," Hurt said.

Harvard Law Professor-Emeritus Alan Dershowitz also reacted to the Hunter Biden indictment, telling FOX News the person who is ultimately responsible for the case not being whisked under the rug is Delaware Judge Maryellen Noreika, who previously rejected a plea deal between the Biden Justice Department and Hunter Biden's attorneys.

"Judge Noreika made sure that this was not all covered up by a deal that made no sense," he said on "Hannity."

"I predicted on your show and other shows that Judge Noriega would not accept the deal. I was trashed for it by many academics, by CNN, by many other media – But she did the right thing. She sent it back. And the result has been now much more information coming out to the American public."

Dershowitz said the next step for the Justice Department should be the appointment of a "real" special counsel who is independent of the DOJ.

Fox News legal analyst Gregg Jarrett has said in the past federal regulation 28 CFR 600.3 contends a special counsel shall be selected from outside the United States government, in a previous argument against Weiss' ultimate validity.

Dershowitz argued this person should replace Weiss, who is also the U.S. Attorney for the District of Delaware.

"Because if it becomes just an impeachment concern that half the country won't believe it. Will the same thing happen with Trump? But if there's a special counsel who's credible and who can get to the bottom of this and either clear President Biden or accuse President Biden, I think the American public will," Dershowitz concluded.

So, the question remains will the crack addict 1st son throw Daddy Joe under the bus to avoid spending the rest of his life in prison? Knowing Hunter couldn't stand to be caged up without access to crack many think Joe's in deep trouble.

Not paying taxes! Certainly the criminal charges of corruption, conspiracy and everything else the right was hoping for.

For having the guys tax and bank records, you'd think some sort of influence scheme would be pretty apparent.

Can't blame the right for celebrating this given their party leader in involved in 4 criminal cases. Must be a nice distraction that it's not their guy in cuffs for once.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
Wasn't planning on writing in a vote for Hunter Biden, anyway, but this just seals it.

Call me when he gets a WH position, or becomes the Peace Ambassador for the Middle East and gets a $1B loan...
This irony just baffles me:

The GOP: Biden's son is a criminal and as a result Joe shouldn't be able to hold office!
Also the GOP: Trump 2024!

He should be in prison for illegally disposing of an illegally attained firearm at a school. All those anti 2A lefties seem to avoid this topic for some reason.

Reactions: Here_4_a_Day
I couldn’t care less about Hunter Biden. In the election, if it’s Trump vs. Biden, I will vote for Biden. Hunter could be convicted of 100 crimes and I will still vote the same way.

Reactions: Chishawk1425
I couldn’t care less about Hunter Biden. In the election, if it’s Trump vs. Biden, I will vote for Biden. Hunter could be convicted of 100 crimes and I will still vote the same way.
Will the crack addict 1st son throw Daddy Joe under the bus to avoid spending the rest of his life in prison? Knowing Hunter couldn't stand to be caged up without access to crack many think Joe's in deep trouble.

Will the crack addict 1st son throw Daddy Joe under the bus to avoid spending the rest of his life in prison? Knowing Hunter couldn't stand to be caged up without access to crack many think Joe's in deep trouble.
I wonder if Joe and Donald are going to be in the same jail. Well, Donald will have multiple options for residency. And wouldn’t it be funny if Hunter and Jared ended up in same jail…so many options.

• Haha
Reactions: Joes Place
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT