ADVERTISEMENT

I’d have to agree

"Seinfeld is currently promoting his new Netflix film “Unfrosted,” which begins streaming May 3."

The classic, "say something to get publicity" move before your new film hits the airwaves.
My friend taught me this existed when David Lee Roth got busted buying pot.

Seinfeld's time has passed. He should get over himself. However, sitcoms have sucked for decades outside of Always Sunny, the Office, and Parks and Rec

Reactions: McLovin32
We suffered through like 2 decades of 2 and a half men and bing bong theory, and NOW he wants to say shits not funny anymore?

Get bent
I’m gonna assume this is some weed show and not the national treasure that is THE FVCKING BIG BANG THEORY PAL!

• Haha
Reactions: millah_22
I’m gonna assume this is some weed show and not the national treasure that is THE FVCKING BIG BANG THEORY PAL!
okay-tim-robinson.gif

We suffered through like 2 decades of 2 and a half men and bing bong theory, and NOW he wants to say shits not funny anymore?

Get bent
Agreed. Is that 70's show considered a sitcom? That is maybe the last one I found consistently funny.

I do agree "wokeness" has killed a lot of stand up comedy though.

• Haha
Reactions: globalhawk
I bet he's actually a fan of 2 and a Half Men but he's too scurred to admit it.
It was aight with Sheen. Ashton was a poor replacement. Never really got into it, but I wouldn’t begrudge anyone who did….yknow, cuz I don’t have a micro peen like some.

Ashton Kutcher Burn GIF

A tough game to play is what are the three funniest CBS sitcoms this century? My take: King of Queens, Yes Dear & I guess Raymond but that was 90s for a while.

Of course nobody reads actual interview:

I’m going to make an admission. I’ve been covering, publishing, thinking about what’s going on in the world, particularly in the Middle East now, for six months. And it’s a very dark time. Even as I was watching your film, it couldn’t help coming into my brain. It was hard to sort of think about the “Palestinian Chicken” episode or Pop-Tarts. Tell me how you deal with the weight of the world, or the serious aspects of the world weighing on you, and how that affects comedy.

Nothing really affects comedy. People always need it. They need it so badly and they don’t get it. It used to be, you would go home at the end of the day, most people would go, “Oh, ‘Cheers’ is on. Oh, ‘m*a*s*h’ is on. Oh, ‘Mary Tyler Moore’ is on. ‘All in the Family’ is on.” You just expected, There’ll be some funny stuff we can watch on TV tonight. Well, guess what—where is it? This is the result of the extreme left and P.C. crap, and people worrying so much about offending other people. Now they’re going to see standup comics because we are not policed by anyone. The audience polices us. We know when we’re off track. We know instantly and we adjust to it instantly. But when you write a script and it goes into four or five different hands, committees, groups—“Here’s our thought about this joke.” Well, that’s the end of your comedy.

Isn’t that what “Curb” is all about?

Yeah. Larry was grandfathered in. He’s old enough so that—“I don’t have to observe those rules, because I started before you made those rules.” We did an episode of the series in the nineties where Kramer decides to start a business of having homeless people pull rickshaws because, as he says, “They’re outside anyway.” Do you think I could get that episode on the air today?

But you think Larry got grandfathered in and there could be no thirty-five-year-old version of—

Right, right. If Larry was thirty-five, he couldn’t get away with the watermelon stuff and Palestinian chicken . . . and HBO knows that’s what people come here for, but they’re not smart enough to figure out, How do we do this now? Do we take the heat, or just not be funny? And what they’ve decided to be is, Well, we’re not going to do comedies anymore. There were no sitcoms picked up on the fall season of all four networks. Not one. No new sitcoms.

Really?

Yeah. It’s too hard.

Do you ever go back and think, Yeah, that joke went too far?

We would write a different joke with Kramer and the rickshaw today. We wouldn’t do that joke. We’d come up with another joke. They move the gates like in the slalom.

Skiing.

Skiing, yeah. Culture—the gates are moving. Your job is to be agile and clever enough that, wherever they put the gates, I’m going to make the gate.

You think this is going away now? This, what you’re describing as P.C., is kind of receding?

Slightly. I see a slight movement.

How do you see it?

With certain comedians now, people are having fun with them stepping over the line and us all laughing about it. But, again, it’s the standups that really have the freedom to do it because no one else gets the blame if it doesn’t go down well. He or she can take all the blame themself.

Who are the young ones that you like?

Nate Bargatze, I love. Ronny Chieng, I love. Brian Simpson, really funny. Mark Normand, really funny. Sam Morril, really funny.

Do you ever go to clubs?

He's getting roasted for this, but Seinfeld definitely couldn't go on for a half hour in primetime anymore. There are a lot of great episodes that would get him canceled if they were aired today

He's getting roasted for this, but Seinfeld definitely couldn't go on for a half hour in primetime anymore. There are a lot of great episodes that would get him canceled if they were aired today
Name an episode that would get him cancelled. And please remember, getting cancelled isn’t really a thing anymore.

Get bent
2 of the worst shows with zero comedy ever and to think 200ish episodes each. Arrested Development, Sunny, Workaholics. Guys like Shane Gillis, Normand, Morrill, Adam Ray. Super funny dudes. Put Young Sheldon or whatever that bullshit on and let someone tell you when to laugh. Watch an episode of Kill Tony and you’ll see real comedy.

Name an episode that would get him cancelled. And please remember, getting cancelled isn’t really a thing anymore.
Well he mentioned one in the article but I’ll add a few more.
The Indian giver episode, soup nazi episode, an episode where jerry only has an interest in a woman because she thinks she’s Asian. Pretty sure Elaine does something similar with a guy thinking he’s black, the episode where they were waiting in the Chinese restaurant, the cock fight episode, every episode because they never included a black person or someone from the LBGT crowd.
Let me know if you want me to add some more.

Reactions: abby97 and ericram
The Indian giver episode, soup nazi episode, an episode where jerry only has an interest in a woman because she thinks she’s Asian. Pretty sure Elaine does something similar with a guy thinking he’s black, the episode where they were waiting in the Chinese restaurant, the cock fight episode, every episode because they never included a black person or someone from the LBGT crowd.
All these episodes run on syndication multiple times a year and no one says a thing. It’s fun to invent a future hypothetical because you can invent any outcome

All these episodes run on syndication multiple times a year and no one says a thing. It’s fun to invent a future hypothetical because you can invent any outcome
it’s syndication and probably the same people watching them over and over again.
It's not something new that is being created.
I also highly doubt they are on during prime time television.
It’s possible it could still be created today but there would be tons of backlash that I’m guessing networks don’t want to deal with.

The OP agrees with someone because they validated what he already believes. Shocking.

Reactions: McLovin32
The OP agrees with someone because they validated what he already believes. Shocking.
Totally something you don’t see happen very often around here.

It’s almost exactly the same thing as a democrat posting something against Trump and/or republicans because it aligns with what they believe.
Or a republican bashing democrats.
What a crazy thought, people post about stuff they believe.

Oh God Omg GIF by HULU

they couldn't have an episode where they wait for a table at a chinese restaurant? this is something you actually think?

and the answer is easy...it's the episode they got in trouble for at the time...the puerto rican day parade episode where kramer stomps a burning puerto rican flag to put the fire out

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT