ADVERTISEMENT

I’ve come around to torbee’s way of thinking on trains

I didn’t either. Now I do. Much lower key and stress, more space, reasonably priced.

Amtrak in Illinois is superior to Amtrak in Florida. Illinois provides additional funding for higher quality service and it shows. This is yet another reason to move to a blue state and enjoy the refreshing sanity.

Does Galesburg to Chicago in three to eight hours not qualify as a bullet train?

Why 8 hours? Maintenance issues? That is the same train that stops in Kewanee. I’ve only driven to Kewanee but the train looks better after each trip on I-55 between Midway and I-80.

Reactions: Moral
Why 8 hours? Maintenance issues? That is the same train that stops in Kewanee. I’ve only driven to Kewanee but the train looks better after each trip on I-55 between Midway and I-80.

Pretty much, I had string of bad luck for a bit. This was a while ago at this point too.

Reactions: TC Nole OX
I forgot to upload this when I was up there last month. On I-55, counting down the miles to I-80. I need to get some photos of the satellite dish farm that is a little east of the exit for Kewanee. It has it’s own FB page.

Satellite dish farm

Reactions: Moral
Amtrak in Illinois is superior to Amtrak in Florida. Illinois provides additional funding for higher quality service and it shows. This is yet another reason to move to a blue state and enjoy the refreshing sanity.
They could offer to pay my mortgage, still would never consider living in the Midwest ever again.

• Wow
Where did you live in Iowa? Are you still planning on opening a branch location in Iowa?
I’m from CR. Yes, although it’s unlikely to be this year. Right now over 90% of our sales are with a lease option which is not available in Iowa yet. With the interest rates still so high nobody wants to take out a loan. My company is fully licensed in Iowa so I’ve installed some cash jobs up there this year, but cash buyers are a small percentage of our business. My brother in law is master electrician in Iowa and he does the installs for us right now.

Does Galesburg to Chicago in three to eight hours not qualify as a bullet train?

The Illinois Express that goes from Quincy to Chicago is pretty much always on time (although it only goes 60ish MPH). The Southwest Chief and California Zephyr that start on the west coast are late 100% of time.

Did OP go to Italy or something?
kf0AdfQ.jpg

Lg0zA1g.jpg

A bullet train from Omaha to Chicago with stops in Des Moines, Iowa city, and Davenport would be awesome.

I’d be with you on bullet trains but that is not what Torbee or others want. I suppose they would take them but they tend to always advocate for regular trains and those are a waste of time and money.

Spend the money for bullet trains and I’m in. Star on the coasts. New York to DC, Boston, Philadelphia. LA to SF

Then hit the the Midwest.

But no more money on regular trains.

A bullet train from Omaha to Chicago with stops in Des Moines, Iowa city, and Davenport would be awesome.
You guys should get together a group of investors and go for it.
Visitors go to Italy/Europe/Japan and think we need this train system.

Problem is simple economics. Cal is finding that out bigtime.

Compare Italy to CA. It's 75% of size and has about 40% as many people - about twice the density.
Compare Japan to CA. It's 90% of size and has 3 times as many people.

High speed rail would be far superior to driving or flying in certain corridors (Chicago - St. Louis, Portland - Seattle, Dallas - Houston)

High speed would be nice. Something like the 125 mph Northeast Regional would be a significant improvement over what exists in the corridors you mention.

Chicago to St Louis is supposed to have 110 mph trains. I don’t know if this has happened yet.

Reactions: jaxhawk06 and Torg
Are there buffalo on this train?
I prefer planes. All my flights to and from Cali were captained by women. First time for me. I flew an Airbus 319. An oldie but steady girl. I thought of you. I'm ready to trade jobs j/k.

Reactions: BlIIlken2
I prefer planes. All my flights to and from Cali were captained by women. First time for me. I flew an Airbus 319. An oldie but steady girl. I thought of you. I'm ready to trade jobs j/k.
321 for show, 319 for go.

• Love
Reactions: GOHOX69
For those wondering, they did break ground on high speed rail from Las Vegas to Los Angeles (technically Rancho Cucamonga) a few months ago and hope to be operational before the 2028 Olympics

Last edited:
Reactions: Scott559
lol. Who the hell is traveling between Omaha and Chicago to support a bullet train? Des Moines? Lol.

They have tried for decades to get this done between DFW and Houston, 2 of the 5 largest cities in the nation with more Fortune 500 companies than Iowa, Illinois, and Brasky combined, and it ain’t happening.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT