ADVERTISEMENT

I don't mind the 2 pt attempt or the gimmick plays

General Tso

HB Legend
Nov 20, 2004
We'd be praising Kirk if the 2pt worked and we're clearly trying new things on O. The problem is simply talent - o line, d backs, qb.

We'd be praising Kirk if the 2pt worked and we're clearly trying new things on O. The problem is simply talent - o line, d backs, qb.
lol no point going for 2 that early even if it worked, but will agree bad qb play will make the offense look putrid and Iowas more athletic players ride the bench on O at times woth Brown and Wetjen

Percentage wise on two drives we'd run like plays inside the 5 yard line and hadn't scored and Cade was 28% passing after 1st quarter. I didn't think we'd make it and sure enough we didn't make the 2pt conversion. I think the Stat book says go for two, but that is based on an average offense, not the Iowa offense. Also I don't think it made any sense to not call a time out with 1 sec on play clock and then punt at end of game. The punt ended up fair caught on 17 yard line and we could have moved their starting position back further.

Overall I think the offense under Lester is a little bit better than BF/KF, but the defense is worse this year due to graduation losses Phil is dealing with. KF is about the same guy he's always been, stubborn. I don't think this year will be special, so this is probably difference from 8-4 to 7-5 or 7-5 to 6-6....not really a big deal.

Reactions: ClarindaA's
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT