ADVERTISEMENT

I finally just looked at our remaining schedule

ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK

HR Heisman
Apr 17, 2002
I almost always memorize our schedule before each season but I never did look ahead this year.

I think this team is soft & not very fun for me to watch for some reason. Maybe I was just too spoiled watching Garza the last few years.

Anyway, I looked up our remaining schedule tonight & holy crap! We’ve got a lot of winnable games left.

I didn’t realize that we only have to play 4 of the top 6 teams once! Talk about the luck of the draw.

I had us at 17 wins & 7-13 in the B1G by my gut guesstimate before the season started.

Until they break my prediction I guess I’ll stick to it but anything less than 19 regular season wins will be disappointing with our remaining schedule.

I’m worried our schedule is too weak to get much respect but I agree it’s hard to imagine this team not getting to ,500 in conference.

The two teams at the top are PU and the Illini.
They are final four contenders.
Iowa has 4 games vs those two.
Next tier:
MSU
Wis
OSU
Iowa plays 3 vs these teams.

After that big gap to middle of the pack teams like IU , MICH, RU and IOWA.
Our league schedule is plenty tough with 4 road games vs the top 5 teams.

Next tier:
MSU
Wis
OSU

Quit being rational. Let those tools talk about how weak Iowa is & how easy the schedule is.

Win at Maryland and things will be looking very good.
The Big Ten has at least 6 teams that could easily make a run to the Sweet 16, don't think our conference schedule should be looked down upon.

It is actually a pretty even schedule that's left. Four games against the worst teams in the conference in Nebraska, Maryland, and Northwestern. Gotta get at least 3 out of 4 of those which puts the Hawks at 8-7. Figure losses at OSU (assuming it happens) and at Illinois puts them at 8-9. Split with Michigan puts them at 9-10. A .500 B1G season probably hinges on beating MSU at home. Win that and they are probably in the dance. Finish at 9-11 and fail to get a win in the BTT and they are probably on the outside looking in.

Reactions: WadeLookingbill
It is actually a pretty even schedule that's left. Four games against the worst teams in the conference in Nebraska, Maryland, and Northwestern. Gotta get at least 3 out of 4 of those which puts the Hawks at 8-7. Figure losses at OSU (assuming it happens) and at Illinois puts them at 8-9. Split with Michigan puts them at 9-10. A .500 B1G season probably hinges on beating MSU at home. Win that and they are probably in the dance. Finish at 9-11 and fail to get a win in the BTT and they are probably on the outside looking in.
Agreed. Making the Dance will come down to a win at Maryland or home against MSU.

Next tier:
MSU
Wis
OSU

Neither will make FF and we would have beat both with decent refs...

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
Preseason picks had Iowa 10th in the league.
Going .500 in the league will put us in the top 7-8.
That would be a significant overachievement by Fran and co
.500 for a coach that been around this long should NEVER be considered overachieving

I almost always memorize our schedule before each season but I never did look ahead this year.

I think this team is soft & not very fun for me to watch for some reason. Maybe I was just too spoiled watching Garza the last few years.

Anyway, I looked up our remaining schedule tonight & holy crap! We’ve got a lot of winnable games left.

I didn’t realize that we only have to play 4 of the top 6 teams once! Talk about the luck of the draw.

I had us at 17 wins & 7-13 in the B1G by my gut guesstimate before the season started.

Until they break my prediction I guess I’ll stick to it but anything less than 19 regular season wins will be disappointing with our remaining schedule.
I said 21 in early January, need to pull an upset and win those games that we are favore.

Reactions: warriors dad
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT