ADVERTISEMENT

I hate Nebraska

A guy I know very well happens to be close friends with Tommy Frazier as they are drinking buddies and play a lot of golf together. We are in the bar after bowling one night and talking about Chris Kelsay's bars in Omaha possibly going under and how arrogant he is. Mr. X I will call him (he lettered for 4 years in golf at UNL and friends with Frazier and numerous other former players) shares that Kelsay is arrogant but no one holds a candle to Frosty as far as arrogance goes. He said Frazier can't stand him and that the great majority of guys Frosty played with in Lincoln despised him. He went on to add that both Peters brothers would still love to rip his head off if they got the chance to this day. But I also know that Frazier has a lot of jealousy towards Frost based upon how their respective lives have turned out.
My daughter and her husband live next to big Husker fans in Omaha that have been season ticket holders for over 20 yrs. They have a strong dislike for Frost. He's told me the story several times about Frost hiding in the bathroom while Lawrence Phillips was beating up his girl friend and dragged her down the steps. He claims Frost might had an interest in her but ran out of the apt as soon as he got the chance.

I've been a Nebby hater for a long time.

My hatred has turned to pity and amusement at how far they have fallen and how arrogant their players, coaches and fan base remains still.

There are some awesome people that live and work in Nebraska. There are parts of the state that are beautiful and interesting. It could be a nice place if their collective delusions about their states only football program could be tempered even slightly by reality.
Where are beautiful parts of Nebraska? They sure as hell aren’t anywhere along 80.

I have read a bunch on Frost hiding or whatever. Is this actually true or urban legend? I would assume that would have hampered his ability to get jobs and it obviously hasn’t. I have no clue except what people say that he was hiding in a closet. If true that is messed up.

I fear it is just jealousy over the fact that they can be so bad yet still end up with a top 15 recruiting class last year, and already have four 4 stars in this years class.
Hard to believe they can do that with what they have to offer and Iowa can't.
Maybe they don’t play by the same rules? Never heard anything to suggest that but it wouldn’t surprise me if they don’t.

I fear it is just jealousy over the fact that they can be so bad yet still end up with a top 15 recruiting class last year, and already have four 4 stars in this years class.
A little telling of the KF’s ceiling as a recruiter. It’s what will continue to plague us from winning the west IMO.

Just want to get my hate out of the way for this week. But yeah **** frost, **** Washington, **** martienez, and **** your fan base.
Can you at least try and spell Martinez right? If you’re going to freak out about a mediocre Nebraska team, try and sound halfway educated while doing it. Not to mention the fact that we should be talking about WISCY and not Debbie. One is relevant, the other is not.

I have read a bunch on Frost hiding or whatever. Is this actually true or urban legend? I would assume that would have hampered his ability to get jobs and it obviously hasn’t. I have no clue except what people say that he was hiding in a closet. If true that is messed up.
Definitely true. Some question as to whether he was hiding in a closet or the bathroom, a very good source told me bathroom.

However, will these 4 star players be around long? Nebby has attrition issues.

A guy I know very well happens to be close friends with Tommy Frazier as they are drinking buddies and play a lot of golf together. We are in the bar after bowling one night and talking about Chris Kelsay's bars in Omaha possibly going under and how arrogant he is. Mr. X I will call him (he lettered for 4 years in golf at UNL and friends with Frazier and numerous other former players) shares that Kelsay is arrogant but no one holds a candle to Frosty as far as arrogance goes. He said Frazier can't stand him and that the great majority of guys Frosty played with in Lincoln despised him. He went on to add that both Peters brothers would still love to rip his head off if they got the chance to this day. But I also know that Frazier has a lot of jealousy towards Frost based upon how their respective lives have turned out.
The same Peter Brothers that talked with the team in the preseason?

Reactions: cecilB
interesting
name an arrogant coach that last longs in this profession + every team is out for your head. nebraska gets everyones best game, this past weekend was indianas super bowl and purdues will be coming up etc.
dantonio is quite arrogant from what i hear but he is a lot more tight lipped about it.

What's funny is you actually believe this.

Our coach could kick your coach and his sons as$ while hiding in the bathroom! Pierre Pierce 4Life! Yeah baby

Too bad he didn't have those mad fighting skills and bravery when he was in college. Cowardice along with Phillips put that woman in the hospital.

Good Ole Four win Frosty is a coward.

Last edited:
I'm beginning to find the Nebraska forums interesting from an academic point of view. They are beginning to sound like very slow moving psychotherapy sessions in which some of them inch reluctantly toward a grasp of reality. But then, unpredictably, they win a game against Northwestern or South Alabama State Tech and have to start all over again.
FIFY

Reactions: BlackNGoldWings
I was listening to Damon Benning/Mike'l Severe on 1620 in Omaha on their morning radio show 3-4 weeks ago as they were discussing Frosty. Benning(former player) first made the comment about Frosty's cockiness. Severe didn't hesitate and chimed right in about Frosty's arrogance, but that was OK because he would like for a head coach to have some arrogance about him. These are probably the two best sports talk radio pundits in Omaha.

I think a bit of arrogance is in every good coach. You have to think you are as good or better than the coach on the other sideline. Iowa has it, that's why the system hasn't changed in years.

True

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT