ADVERTISEMENT

I like the realism in this short tidbit

Hawkeyeinsoutherncalifornia

HR All-American
Mar 9, 2017
Van Nuys, California
Props the the OP who posted the full article on Vegas and CFN..

2017 Iowa Hawkeyes Football Schedule
Realistic Best Case Scenario

There aren’t any hiccups early on with a win over Josh Allen and Wyoming, a victory in Ames over Iowa State, and a blowout win over North Texas leading up to key Big Ten wins over Penn State and at Michigan State. The Hawkeyes beat Illinois, Northwestern and Minnesota for an 8-0 start and the attention of the college football world going into the Ohio State home game. They split games against the Buckeyes and at Wisconsin, and they beat Nebraska on Thanksgiving Friday on the road. Realistically, if everything goes perfectly and the planets align correctly, they go 10-2.

Most people will ask him to share what he is drinking or smoking
This is his best case scenario. Usually, they write a worst and best case scenario, as well as a paragraph about how they actually think the season will play out.

I didn't read the full article but I'm guessing he doesn't have very high expectations for Iowa if his absolute best case scenario still has them losing 2 games.

The nice thing about the off season is dreaming about the upcoming season through hawkeye tinted glasses. I use to do that until I realized how much pain and suffering would come crashing down on me once the the real season got under way.

Reactions: RMHDBAG
I don't think you understand, that is not possible. first off you have us at 5-7 in regular season which 99% of the time means no bowl. Even if we play in a bowl that is only 1 extra game and even if by some miracle we make Big10 CC game that is max 2 games that are both highly unlikely
I believe he is suggesting a 6-7 BIG champion will make the playoff and win both games...the chances of getting invited to the college football playoff at 6-7 would likely be below average.

Reactions: thirteenandtwo
I believe he is suggesting a 6-7 BIG champion will make the playoff and win both games...the chances of getting invited to the college football playoff at 6-7 would likely be below average.
LOL, I don't even think it is probable to make B10CC with 5 wins and now he is thinking we make playoffs, win both games, and would be considered national champions with 7 losses....SMH

Reactions: thirteenandtwo
kool1.jpg

Reactions: RMHDBAG
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT