ADVERTISEMENT

I took this loss pretty hard...

badben44

HB Heisman
Gold Member
May 4, 2004
And then Saturday we had an electrical fire start in our basement. It was just dumb luck that i had to get up early to go check on my uncle that was taken to the hospital the day before and is in bad shape. I saw it before the smoke alarms went off. Started screaming as loud as i could for help and to wake up. Wide and 2 daughters were still asleep. We all got out and by the time we were in the garage to get out of the house the fire already spread to the garage from the wall that shared with the basement where the fire started. Then my left over artillery shells went off and all hell broke loose. we lost 2 cars and i am not sure if the house is salvageable or not. Son was at a friends so that is good that he did not have to live though that. Our cat did not make it but our turtle did and everybody made it out in time. It was dumb luck that i was in the basement to shower at the time i did. We would have probably not made it. The whole thing is still just surreal still. The support we have gotten is almost unreal itself. We are lucky to be alive and lucky to have such amazing people in our life.

As far as the game Thursday. I will NEVER take success like the big ten tourney win again. The next 5 days everybody including myself just assumed we needed to show up. I could see the weight of the universe on our guys from the jump and Richmond was still in play or die mode.

We all let our guard down. Coaches, fans, players..... We are all to blame.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.