ADVERTISEMENT

I Wonder if Paul Ryan Regrets Not Running?

Nov 28, 2010
Maryland
At the time, it looked like he would lose. But if he had stayed in, would it still look that way?

Who are the candidates in Ryan's district, and what do the polls say?

It might have more to do wish Ryan not wanting to be around after the Rs lose the House and watching a Dem get his old job. At least this way he can still pretend that he went out on top.

It might have more to do wish Ryan not wanting to be around after the Rs lose the House and watching a Dem get his old job. At least this way he can still pretend that he went out on top.
Good point. Plus, he can also say (as I think he may have done) that he is considering a run for president.

I'm no Ryan fan, but it's sort of a shame that he may have been thinking to position himself as the Republican hopeful who would save the GOP from Trump.

Doubtless that seemed a quite reasonable strategy when he announced he wouldn't seek reelection.

But now, the GOP doesn't want to be saved from Trump. They love him.

I honestly think he was strongly urged to step aside from top R’s. He is caught in recordings discussing Russia’s influence on certain politicians and the last election.

I think top R’s thought they would keep the house and essentially be handpicking the next President after Trump and Pence were given the boot and they wanted to make sure that person had no Russia affiliation for appearances.

Call me a conspiracy theorist, but that’s my take.

I honestly think he was strongly urged to step aside from top R’s. He is caught in recordings discussing Russia’s influence on certain politicians and the last election.

I think top R’s thought they would keep the house and essentially be handpicking the next President after Trump and Pence were given the boot and they wanted to make sure that person had no Russia affiliation for appearances.

Call me a conspiracy theorist, but that’s my take.
I actually hope this is the truer explanation.

Reactions: ping72
I actually hope this is the truer explanation.

It will be interesting to see what Meuller's probe turns up. I think several House members are extremely nervous should the body flip to Democrat control at midterm. Not being familiar with congressional rules, I can only speculate that at least ethics charges will be brought against some members, and to an outsider like me, criminal charges seem warranted.

Reactions: cigaretteman
I'm no Ryan fan, but it's sort of a shame that he may have been thinking to position himself as the Republican hopeful who would save the GOP from Trump.

Doubtless that seemed a quite reasonable strategy when he announced he wouldn't seek reelection.

But now, the GOP doesn't want to be saved from Trump. They love him.
I think you give Ryan too much credit. Ryan has bent over for every radical right group from the religious zealots, the anarcho capitalists, and now the Nationslists. The man has no backbone.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT