ADVERTISEMENT

I would love to be on this jury

Mar 7, 2023

Arkansas dad shoots, kills man found with his missing 14-year-old daughter, authorities say​

The father was taken into custody and charged with first degree murder, a Class Y felony. He has since posted bail and been released.​

Portrait of Saleen MartinSaleen Martin
USA TODAY

A central Arkansas father has been charged with first-degree murder after finding his missing underage daughter in the car with a man, then shooting and killing the man. The shooting happened in Lonoke County, about 75 miles northeast of Hot Springs.

The man who was shot, Fosler, had been arrested by another agency in July and booked for internet stalking of a child and sexual assault, Sheriff Staley told USA TODAY Friday afternoon.

Arkansas dad shoots, kills man found with his missing 14-year-old daughter, authorities say​

The father was taken into custody and charged with first degree murder, a Class Y felony. He has since posted bail and been released.​

Portrait of Saleen MartinSaleen Martin
USA TODAY

A central Arkansas father has been charged with first-degree murder after finding his missing underage daughter in the car with a man, then shooting and killing the man. The shooting happened in Lonoke County, about 75 miles northeast of Hot Springs.

The man who was shot, Fosler, had been arrested by another agency in July and booked for internet stalking of a child and sexual assault, Sheriff Staley told USA TODAY Friday afternoon.

The father should get a medal.

I don't blame the defendant for killing perp. But I don't believe in vigilante justice.

tumblr_m2hh1saLUf1qghl49o1_r1_500.gif

Reactions: Scott559
While I think we all believe the dad gets off of the charge, the problem is that unless the charges are dropped, he will likely hope for the kindness of strangers to pay for a decent attorney.
I hope the sheriff/AG does the right thing and drops charges asap.

While I think we all believe the dad gets off of the charge, the problem is that unless the charges are dropped, he will likely hope for the kindness of strangers to pay for a decent attorney.

I don't think pre-meditated murder is the answer. Negligent manslaughter, yes. Could have called law enforcement.

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury. We put down rabid animals, my client did the same with mercy. It was a quick death……. YES HE DESERVED TO DIE AND I HOPE HE BURNS IN HELL!!

Reactions: NoleinATL
I don't think pre-meditated murder is the answer. Negligent manslaughter, yes. Could have called law enforcement.

I am sure the 60-year-old man out on bail attacked the father. The father's only defense was to fire; he did it out of fear and desperation.
That would be my take in the jury room.
A 60-year-old man out on bail for stalking a child I love/care for isn't getting a second swing at a bond hearing,

We kinda need to know the whole story. Did he track this dude down looking for his daughter intending to shoot him dead if he found him? Or was there a struggle? Or was there a chance he'd get away with his daughter before law enforcement could be called? Lots of questions about the exact nature of what happened here.

Reactions: Jimmy McGill
I am sure the 60-year-old man out on bail attacked the father. The father's only defense was to fire; he did it out of fear and desperation.
A 60-year-old man out on bail for stalking a child I love/care for isn't getting a second swing at a bond hearing,

Lawyers can't lie to a jury. Or should I say, shouldn't

We kinda need to know the whole story. Did he track this dude down looking for his daughter intending to shoot him dead if he found him? Or was there a struggle? Or was there a chance he'd get away with his daughter before law enforcement could be called? Lots of questions about the exact nature of what happened here.

Exactly, none of us know the facts.

The claim by the family is that the father was worried that this guy was going to kill the daughter as she was the only material witness in his case.

He was facing 10+ charges that would put him away for life. He had a court order that prevented him from being anywhere near the girl. On top of that he was a retired police chief.

The claim by the family is that the father was worried that this guy was going to kill the daughter as she was the only material witness in his case.

He was facing 10+ charges that would put him away for life. He had a court order that prevented him from being anywhere near the girl. On top of that he was a retired police chief.

Exactly why the father had to shoot, fearful of his life and his daughter

I wonder if charging the dad with 1st degree murder increases the odds of him getting a “not guilty” verdict vs a lesser charge like manslaughter. Maybe the charging was intentional?

• Love
Reactions: swagsurfer02
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT