ADVERTISEMENT

IC bar name help

I think this is it, but it was in the early 90s. They had the place set up well for music, and the dance floor was large, but there was very little seating. I wouldn't say it was heavy metal themed. They had a pretty wide range of music. If that is the place the OP is thinking of.

I think this is it, but it was in the early 90s. They had the place set up well for music, and the dance floor was large, but there was very little seating. I wouldn't say it was heavy metal themed. They had a pretty wide range of music. If that is the place the OP is thinking of.

There were stairs, but those went up to the “green room”. Stage and bar were on main floor. Man, saw some good bands there- Koko Taylor, Fishbone, Junior Wells, and Mighty Mighty Bosetones.

Gunnerz wasn't exactly next to the Englert though. It was like diagonally across the street from Panchero's. He was an interesting guy, I worked at Panchero's around 94-96 and he'd come in after closing to join the staff down in the basement to do a little of this and that.

Yeah, I was at that Fishbone show at Gunnerz. Amazing to see them in such a small venue.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT