ADVERTISEMENT

I'd love to play Baylor

I think we could beat them. They have no defense.

family_guy_do_not_want.jpg

Why stop there?

Personally, I'd love a crack at the Dallas Cowboys. Romo's a pussy and Drew Ott would make him cry like a little girl.
What? There were a couple years there where Romo was taking more hits than anyone in the NFL. Hell he barely cried when he broke his collarbone. Romo is a tougher player than most QBs in the league.

Reactions: relishingwinning18
I think we could beat them. They have no defense.
No one in the Big-12 plays D anymore...OU and TCU used to but D doesn't sell tickets or hypnotize pollsters. I swear in 2015 there is no evidence anyone in the Big-12 is better than 5th place in the B1G. Dead serious.

No one in the Big-12 plays D anymore...OU and TCU used to but D doesn't sell tickets or hypnotize pollsters. I swear in 2015 there is no evidence anyone in the Big-12 is better than 5th place in the B1G. Dead serious.

Man, please tell me you are kidding... TCU dismantled Ole Miss last year in bowl game and Baylor had MSU beat in the Cotton Bowl until its 4th quarter collapse... the two teams are the same this year. TCU and Baylor would be right up there with Ohio State in the Big Ten. I would venture to guess that Baylor/TCU would beat every Big Ten team outside of MSU/OSU by 21+

Well Baylor plays Iowa State later this month so that will give us an idea. If Baylor is tied with the Cyclones late in the 4th quarter like we were I'll be stunned though.

Well Baylor plays Iowa State later this month so that will give us an idea. If Baylor is tied with the Cyclones late in the 4th quarter like we were I'll be stunned though.
I would be willing to bet that the Baylor-ISU game will not be tied with 3 minutes left.

Man, please tell me you are kidding... TCU dismantled Ole Miss last year in bowl game and Baylor had MSU beat in the Cotton Bowl until its 4th quarter collapse... the two teams are the same this year. TCU and Baylor would be right up there with Ohio State in the Big Ten. I would venture to guess that Baylor/TCU would beat every Big Ten team outside of MSU/OSU by 21+

TCU held on in Minneapolis 23-17 in Week 1 against the Gophers.

I don't think Iowa would beat Baylor or TCU but your last sentence is false.

Reactions: mthawkeyes
Well if the Hawks go undefeated the rest of the way and win the B1G title game you might get your wish.;)

TCU held on in Minneapolis 23-17 in Week 1 against the Gophers.

I don't think Iowa would beat Baylor or TCU but your last sentence is false.
Let him go, he was on a roll. Let's see physical ball control teams give TCU and Baylor trouble - nope no way Iowa or other big ten teams could play with them. Just wait till one of those two get in and get exposed against top teams with D's, then again bobby may take care of that in the regular season.

I'd bet NW could take the Big-12 outright, and NW beating Stanford far and away trumps anything the B-12 did out of conference...and NW beat Minny 27-0 compared to TCU getting them 23-17...Defense wins--those guys don't have it...I will edit to add this: Stanford got two field goals off NW, have scored 31-41-42-51 since, and NW has goose egged two others...and all Michigan has done since face-planting agaisnt a FINE Utah team is kill everybody...tOSU, Mich, MSU, NW could all take the Big-12 from what i have seen in 2015...

Last edited:
Reactions: Jonesingforhawkeyes
I'd bet NW could take the Big-12 outright, and NW beating Stanford far and away trumps anything the B-12 did out of conference...and NW beat Minny 27-0 compared to TCU getting them 23-17...Defense wins--those guys don't have it...
I don't think beating Stanford in Evanston is any more impressive than Oklahoma going into Knoxville and winning a night game in front of 110,000 Vols fans. I sure wouldn't call it 'far and away' better.

I don't think beating Stanford in Evanston is any more impressive than Oklahoma going into Knoxville and winning a night game in front of 110,000 Vols fans. I sure wouldn't call it 'far and away' better.
Stanford is still ranked, Vols have lost two other times by a similar margin...don't see how Ya compare that...NW is shutting teams down.

NU returned 8 senior starters on D this year. Their D is legit.

TCU/Baylor vs. the top Big 10 Ds would be like Oregon vs. Alabama/OSU Ds from the past several years.

Great D > Great O every day and twice on Saturdays!

BS alert!!

I would be willing to bet that the Baylor-ISU game will not be tied with 3 minutes left.

Similarly, most would be willing to bet that defenseless Baylor does not hold mighty isu scoreless for the entire second half.

(And, yes the two statements are about as meaningless to the original premise as any can be. Thanks for holding up your end of the bargain, LC.)

But I digress here. Speaking of betting lines, I wonder if somewhere in Vegas they are laying odds on the number of consecutive days one certain poster with over 80,000 posts will be here on HR?

Reactions: Hawk in Nebraska
NU returned 8 senior starters on D this year. Their D is legit.

TCU/Baylor vs. the top Big 10 Ds would be like Oregon vs. Alabama/OSU Ds from the past several years.

Great D > Great O every day and twice on Saturdays!

Did you compare Northwestern's defense to an Alabama or Ohio State defense because I think you just compared Northwestern's defense to Alabama or Ohio States defense.

This years Georgia team would destroy Northwestern, last years Oregon team would destroy this years Northwestern team.

Cocaine is a hell of a drug!

Im guessing you would have said the same thing about TCU and Minnesota. The best way to play these teams that refuse to play defense and go 1000 miles a minute on offense is to play boring ball control football. Run it down their throat, eat up 1/2 a quarter every possession.On defense punch them in the mouth 2 or 3 times, if it means 2 or 3 personal fouls then so be it. Be the Ying to their Yang so to speak.

I don't know if Iowa is beating Baylor in fact I would think probably not but I don't think Baylor is beating Iowa by 21 points. I would love to bet someone who gives me 21 points.

People think our defense couldn't stay with Baylor and who knows maybe you are right and maybe you are wrong. But I think our offense would love to finally play a team that threw fundamentals and discipline out the window on defense.

Did you compare Northwestern's defense to an Alabama or Ohio State defense because I think you just compared Northwestern's defense to Alabama or Ohio States defense.

This years Georgia team would destroy Northwestern, last years Oregon team would destroy this years Northwestern team.

Cocaine is a hell of a drug!
Is cocaine why You can't stay on 2015??? Northwestern has held four of five opponents to their season low in scoring--by 25 pts in Stanford's case. Duke was the exception getting 10 versus NW and 9 against Boston College in a win. This week's Mich v NW game looks real interesting--both D's playing well...

Reactions: JupiterHawk
Is cocaine why You can't stay on 2015??? Northwestern has held four of five opponents to their season low in scoring--by 25 pts in Stanford's case. Duke was the exception getting 10 versus NW and 9 against Boston College in a win. This week's Mich v NW game looks real interesting--both D's playing well...

You raise good points. Stanford is averaging 41 points in the Pac 10. Duke is 2-0 in the ACC. Not sure why NW gets disrespected so much...

Reactions: MadDogC
TCU has looked pretty pedestrian a few times this year and really could/should have lost to Texas Tech. Of course, you could say the same thing about Ohio State. So I guess if Indiana can give Ohio St a scare and if Tech can give TCU a scare, then we could theoretically do the same to Baylor. But to say you would expect to beat them requires some pretty thick black&gold colored glasses. Remember last year Wisconsin lost 59-0 to OSU and then turned around and beat Auburn in the bowl game so sometimes the spread between good teams (like Iowa and Wisconsin) and top-5 teams (like Baylor and Ohio St) can be really big.

You brought up Alabama and Ohio State, Bama played Georgia last week and the last really good team Ohio State played was Oregon. Don't get butt hurt, it's not a great look for you.

Btw, I'll take Michigan. You can have Northwestern and I'll spot you 5pts.

The context was that baylor vs. Michigans D would look like oregon did against bamas or ohios D.

Right now, Michigan & NU's Ds look better than bama or ohio. They have the #1 & #2 scoring Ds in the country at 7 pts per game.

Snort that!

The context was that baylor vs. Michigans D would look like oregon did against bamas or ohios D.

Right now, Michigan & NU's Ds look better than bama or ohio. They have the #1 & #2 scoring Ds in the country at 7 pts per game.

Snort that!
I have no idea if Iowa could play with Baylor.
I do no Iowa is built to play in 40-50 degree weather with wind and rain on the other hand Baylor is built to play in 70 degree weather with a little breeze.
Have Baylor come to Iowa in a month it could be a good one but if Iowa went to Baylor it could be really ugly.

You brought up Alabama and Ohio State, Bama played Georgia last week and the last really good team Ohio State played was Oregon. Don't get butt hurt, it's not a great look for you.

Btw, I'll take Michigan. You can have Northwestern and I'll spot you 5pts.
Other than quoting--where did i bring up Alabama or tOSU???

Snort that!

I dunno, I guess we will see Mich v tOSU in several weeks. Also Bama has a dominating win against Georgia. You could say Mich win against BYU was just as good, but I'm not sure that's true.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT