ADVERTISEMENT

Ideas to Raise Interest for the Football Season

tailgaterhawk

HB MVP
Apr 9, 2008
After seeing the season ticket renewals I was disappointed but understood people's reasoning. To many, the "edge" in Iowa Football is missing. I know there are some Iowa AD people on here so why don't we list some ideas of what you would like to see them do to get people interested for this season and make the in-game experience enjoyable. I think this could be a great thread, but could some leave the fire so and so or get new players out of this thread, there are plenty other ones to us for that. Some of my ideas are below, add on or be tear apart mine.

-Alternative Uniforms for one game or more, and a video package to roll them out, build it up.
-More videos and pics of practice facility. LeVar has been doing a good job of this on Twitter.
-Redo GoHawks.com- used to be fun as a fan to watch the videos on there, now it is a snoozer
-Use whole video board during plays
-When defensive player makes a play on 3rd down, play his personal song (like batters going up to bat)
-have a season long, short video documentary each week (like Brick by Brick) but call it enter the Black
-Student section with Black Pom-Pom's for Back in Black before the games
-Show Plays Under Review right away
-While at TV timeout, after showing ad, show clips from other games in Big 10 or show more scores
-Sell family packages, with tickets down why not build for the future?
-Offer discount tickets (like $10) to High School Juniors and Seniors
-Use summer to give Season Ticket holders tours of the Stadium or Practice Facility, make people feel they are part of the program
-Videos the 100 days till kickoff with the player whose number is that day i.e 16 days till Kickoff C.J.
-Go back to old rules in Kinnick lot, nothing more pathetic than an near-empty parking lot right outside the stadium (ex. Wisconsin)
-Media at practice every two weeks, maybe more in fall camp to build for the season
-Kirk goes back to doing Extra-Kirk (at least called that on HR), some of more insightful stuff from KF

I have more but this is a start.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News