ADVERTISEMENT

IF IOWA can land

does IOWA land Holden

• yes

Votes: 126 50.8%
  • no

Votes: 122 49.2%

• Total voters
Everyone needs to vote the same way they did on McNamara. We need all the good mojo we can get.
Exactly what I was thinking….I voted no just like I did there…

If we got Holden somehow too….my jaw will literally be on the floor and I’ll be happily eating crow. Talent wise it would most likely be a totally different offense from this year.

Exactly what I was thinking….I voted no just like I did there…

If we got Holden somehow too….my jaw will literally be on the floor and I’ll be happily eating crow. Talent wise it would most likely be a totally different offense from this year.
Let's freaking hope so! Lol

Reactions: Stoopsbrother
Sounds like it may very well happen on Monday per some folks on twitter. I know, it's twitter but this guy does seem to have some insight. We shall see but I will be looking for it Monday.

Traeshonn Holden i think my head might explode!!!!!!
The question should be is should Iowa pony up the money like the big boys. Kirk has enough respect that if Iowa starts offering competitive offers to players, they will not have a hard time accepting.

Last edited:
Would be nice, but I'm concerned as much for quantity at WR as for quality. We currently have 4 scholarship WRs on the roster (Bostick, Brecht, Ragaini and Vines). Obviously we lose Ragaini, and (I believe) 3 TR Frosh WRs, leaving us with 6 entering spring ball - no idea who, if any of the TR frosh guys are arriving early. So imo we need at least 3 guys via the portal to at least feel semi-comfortable depthwise.

What the fock has college fb come to, what kind of dumbasses thought this was going to be a good idea
The wild west aspect is disconcerting. The lack of rules and regulations is a mess, so the way this happened is the issue, not that it happened. When you operate college football along similar lines as the NFL (and make basketball and most every other sport a year-long commitment) with everyone getting rich but the players, well, that was unsustainable. Player compensation, beyond scholarships, in a multi-billion-dollar operation had to happen. But it didn't have to happen in this chaotic manner.

If the NCAA . . . LOL . . . if the NCAA had done its job, it would have been way ahead of the NIL thing and organized player compensation in a fair and transparent manner years ago. Instead, the NCAA tried to ignore reality and, eventually, became irrelevant, and in that vacuum we have college football today. You don't like it. I don't like it, but I accept it as an inevitable evolution based on the vast amounts of money on the table.

It will get sorted out, but for now, you just have to live with it and make sure you--Iowa--doesn't get left behind.

Would be nice, but I'm concerned as much for quantity at WR as for quality. We currently have 4 scholarship WRs on the roster (Bostick, Brecht, Ragaini and Vines). Obviously we lose Ragaini, and (I believe) 3 TR Frosh WRs, leaving us with 6 entering spring ball - no idea who, if any of the TR frosh guys are arriving early. So imo we need at least 3 guys via the portal to at least feel semi-comfortable depthwise.
Another site had an article talking about transfer portal targets and mentioned several guys Iowa is targeting at WR, based on social media activity, etc.

Isaac TeSlaa, WR Hillsdale College
Seth Anderson, WR Charleston Southern
Grant Dubose, WR Charlotte
Corey Crooms, WR Western Michigan
Trasehon Holden, WR Alabama

My personal favorite from the list would be TeSlaa, who has something like 1,300 yards receiving. I know it's lower-level, but that many receiving yards anywhere is a damn good indicator.

Yup.....no more 'under the table' gratuities. It's all about who has the most money. The gates are wide open. What the hell do they need a scholly for?
This, used to be the scholarship was the money for a student athlete to get a degree in a field of choice.
NIL and has changed it all. Scholarships and a Degree is not what kids want now. Everything is about the money now not the education. What's the use of the scholarship!!!

I'm starting think it may close the gap between the haves & have-nots.
I think the 'haves' are mostly one that already have a lot of money. The have-nots don't have the big bucks to spend in the first place and the gap will just widen.

Sorry to be the common sense voice here, but will it honestly matter if we get the best WRs in the portal, if the offensive philosophy doesn't change? If that change was coming, and the current WRs were made aware, why would they be entering the portal? I'd love to be the blue ribbon winner of the portal this off-season, but WR talent wasn't the biggest problem the past 2 years.

Sorry to be the common sense voice here, but will it honestly matter if we get the best WRs in the portal, if the offensive philosophy doesn't change? If that change was coming, and the current WRs were made aware, why would they be entering the portal? I'd love to be the blue ribbon winner of the portal this off-season, but WR talent wasn't the biggest problem the past 2 years.
The o-line has been the biggest problem. When the line blocks well, Iowa has won. When they don't, little to no chance.

And that's the same for ANY offense.

I don't think offensive philosophy was the issue, outside of maybe KF's overly conservative approach. Iowa runs a pretty standard offensive package to most other D1 programs. The totally inept offense this year was the culmination of a very poor offensive line, particularly in pass pro, an immobile and inaccurate QB who panicked under pressure, and a WR corps that was injured and lacking in talent. The schemes and plays are fine, although BF could certainly improve at his playcalling. What's needed is an infusion of talent, and hopefully the portal is going to provide exactly that.

Another site had an article talking about transfer portal targets and mentioned several guys Iowa is targeting at WR, based on social media activity, etc.

My personal favorite from the list would be TeSlaa, who has something like 1,300 yards receiving. I know it's lower-level, but that many receiving yards anywhere is a damn good indicator.

He is big & physical and he can certainly High Point the ball!

Quit making sense! 😊

• Haha
Reactions: doughuddl2
The o-line has been the biggest problem. When the line blocks well, Iowa has won. When they don't, little to no chance.

The formula isn't rocker science... we had the youngest most injured oline in the BIG...none of this should be a surprise to anyone. Well get much healthier and better next yr. That along w a very immobile QB was a recipe for disaster. Both those problems have already been fixed, one with the portal, one with time to heal and develop.

What
What do you think the OF philosophy is? U say that but please elaborate with facts. We ran every set possible except RPO...so wth is it you think our philosophy is??if u can't block and your QB needs extra time and your backup isn't any better ...what do you expect???

We were the youngest and most injured Oline in the BIG. If we were healthy and loaded with veterens,, then I'd be concerned.

Reactions: easy2 and Pawkhawk1

No
Iowa had very very very poor QB play the past 3 seasons and lack of skill at WR and terrible offensive coaching, it is not that complicated
Iowa won this season at 7-5 due to defense and special teams with the OL you mentioned

• Haha
Reactions: doughuddl2

Grant would be great.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT