ADVERTISEMENT

If Iowa had a HC opening, could they land ...

I will bet you my last dollar that when Ferments finally steps down, we will with 100% certainty hire a black HC...no matter how qualified. They don't know when to stop the "look at us be all inclusive" routine....the constant act has become soooo transparent. It should have just come about organically, instead of being so forced.

I will bet you my last dollar that when Ferments finally steps down, we will with 100% certainty hire a black HC...no matter how qualified. They don't know when to stop the "look at us be all inclusive" routine....the constant act has become soooo transparent. It should have just come about organically, instead of being so forced.
Stfu. Jfc. Snowflake. We will hire the proper candidate and if they are a person of color props to the school. Don’t worry they’ll probably be a white male just like you.

Iowa has the finances, that money is not an issue. It is just whether they see the pot is empty; and whether they want to deal with that.

I'm confident that Iowa would have several top candidates. Barta better have that list updated every week.

• Haha
Reactions: Golf_Bravo_Romeo
Stfu. Jfc. Snowflake. We will hire the proper candidate and if they are a person of color props to the school. Don’t worry they’ll probably be a white male just like you.
Why “props to the school”? Can’t we just hire the best person, end of story? The sooner we get beyond the “props to the school” thinking the better for EVERYONE.

I think the Iowa job could be pretty attractive if for nothing else, the job security. I don't mean that as a dig at iowa. I just think if I was looking to coach somewhere, a job that probably guarantees 5 years might look better than a job where you might be gone in 2 or 3 years.

I think Mark Stoops would certainly get a hard look. I would put money on it actually. Would be interesting if Mark came in as HC and the Bob as the OC. I just don’t think Bob is interested in being a head guy again with his age. Bob at OC would be a 1000% improvement from our current douche bag. Hell- he’d at least call a 5 yard pass route on 3rd and 4.

Luke Fickell would be a good coach. He should have serious consideration if he was interested. He knows what he is doing. If he can do it at Cincinnati, he can do it here.

Jay Norvell, Chris Kleinman, Bill O’Brien or perhaps a Jim Leonhard at Wiscy are some others I think would be interested/looked at. Nebraska board was discussing Jay the other day and trying to get him before we did. I would give Phil the gig before Brian any day of the week. I’ve stated in the past, if Brian is the next HC I am removing my tiger hawk tattoo. Heck- at this point I think the state of Iowa would revolt with that hire.

I think Mark Stoops would certainly get a hard look. I would put money on it actually. Would be interesting if Mark came in as HC and the Bob as the OC. I just don’t think Bob is interested in being a head guy again with his age. Bob at OC would be a 1000% improvement from our current douche bag. Hell- he’d at least call a 5 yard pass route on 3rd and 4.

Luke Fickell would be a good coach. He should have serious consideration if he was interested. He knows what he is doing. If he can do it at Cincinnati, he can do it here.

Jay Norvell, Chris Kleinman, Bill O’Brien or perhaps a Jim Leonhard at Wiscy are some others I think would be interested/looked at. Nebraska board was discussing Jay the other day and trying to get him before we did. I would give Phil the gig before Brian any day of the week. I’ve stated in the past, if Brian is the next HC I am removing my tiger hawk tattoo. Heck- at this point I think the state of Iowa would revolt with that hire.
IM really intrigued by the BoB pick... I had a buddy toss that name out and I loved it... Not sure if he wants to heat up the recruiting trail, but with his family situation it would be Home Run

• Haha

Bob for AD not OC

Fickell is a OSU product, I would love to get some blue blood mentality at Iowa, but I worry he would always be trying to move to a bigger job.

Out of the other 4 O'brien or Leonhard are interesting but not my 1st choice.

Chris Kleinman, Bill O’Brien or perhaps a Jim Leonhard
Agree with these three. Klieman is a real good culture and offensive style fit (Iowa born and raised/ Midwest connections and multiple FCS NCs). O'Brien also a pro-style offense fit and a successful coach at both college and pro levels. As you can probably tell, I favor the pro style offense over the RPO schemes.

Leonhard is a bit riskier but also the same kind of fit as Klieman and a coach who could build on the Ferentz era.... sort of the reverse of Barry Alvarez spending 8 years as LB coach at Iowa then hired as HC at Wisconsin and turning WI into the dominant B10W power program. I think he would be successful and stay loyal to Iowa - the next 20 year coach :]

IM really intrigued by the BoB pick... I had a buddy toss that name out and I loved it... Not sure if he wants to heat up the recruiting trail, but with his family situation it would be Home Run
I don't think Bob would come to Iowa as an OC. If anything, he would be more suited as a DC. Either way, I don't see it happening.

• Haha
The Bob Stoops talk is getting old - it's just not going to happen, nor should it.

Don't get me wrong - I love Bob Stoops, as a player and a coach. But he left Oklahoma. He's doing pretty well on TV. Something tells me he doesn't have the fire burning inside to coach, or he would be.

Mark Stoops is currently making over $5 million with a potential $2 million bonus. He's in his 10th season at Ky and things are rolling. I don't think it's going to happen.

When it happens, it will probably be someone we've never heard of.

White is a color...so props no matter what.

I don’t give a sh*t what color of skin our next coach is. If it’s a black coach they better be damn sure as you cannot fire him after the last two white coaches lasted like 45+ years combined.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT