ADVERTISEMENT

If the Dems Win the House, Will they Impeach Trump? Will They EvenTry?

I doubt it. Even if impeachable offenses are uncovered by the initiation of proper oversight of the executive branch or Mueller's investigation.

By the time the new Congress opens in January 2019, the 2020 Presidential election season will already be underway. It's hard to imagine being able to even start impeachment hearings until at least the summer of 2019, what are you gonna do--impeach Trump less than a year before the next Presidential election where he will probably be the Republican party nominee anyway no matter what? The Senate isn't gonna convict anyway*.

Beat him in 2020. Destroy him completely via the ballot box.

*with the caveat that Mueller or something else could come up that would cause Republicans to turn against Trump--although that possibility becomes slimmer each day as the Trump cult continues its complete takeover of the Republican party.

Last edited:
Reactions: ThorneStockton
This. I don't think our country could handle it right now. Hopefully he'll be gone in two years.

I agree.

And frankly, it would be a stupid move on the part of the Dems. If they try to impeach and fail, and it will fail without a doubt, it will backfire worse than the Kavanaugh debacle.

They will immediately be looking to the election in 2020 ... and Mueller will have filed his report, depriving them of any evidence of any impeachable offenses, sooooo, no they will not.

They can threaten, whine, scream, and all of that stuff ... but I think they will realize that an actual impeachment proceeding would look like the Kavanaugh hearings on speed and would create about ten times the hubris.

I agree.

And frankly, it would be a stupid move on the part of the Dems. If they try to impeach and fail, and it will fail without a doubt, it will backfire worse than the Kavanaugh debacle.

This is true. Dems are better off just accepting the outcome of the Mueller investigation. If there's anything to prosecute for, just wait until he's out of office and then go after him and anyone else that may be breaking the law.

Surely you can think of several.

Sure I can.

In one week, he goes on national TV and admits to obstruction of justice during the Lester Holt interview, invites two Russian spies to the White House and invites the Russian media in for a photo op while kicking the American media out, and for shits and giggles decides to release classified intelligence to our Russian comrades.

That's one fuggin week.

If the Repubs haven't been convinced of the need for impeachment by now, it would take Trump shooting someone on 5th Avenue to do it, and even that would be a toss up.

If the Mueller investigation has something concrete then expediate all hearings and impeach the man and remove him from office. The key word being concrete. I doubt he has anything of substance or he would have moved with it already.

True. But I'm going to go out on a limb and guess Senate Republicans need a little more than "he's a cacapoopoo head."
The Senate has nothing to do with if the house will impeach but I think you’re right that the Senate won’t convict. I think the house Dems will impeach just to please the base. They are going to need an energetic base in 2020.

Reactions: BlackNGoldBleeder
The Senate has nothing to do with if the house will impeach but I think you’re right that the Senate won’t convict. I think the house Dems will impeach just to please the base. They are going to need an energetic base in 2020.

Right, I meant convicted. Clinton was impeached but never convicted and the same thing would happen with Trump.

If the Democratic base isn't already fired up, I don't know what they could possibly be waiting for. Trump plays "the libs and lib media are out to get me" card pretty well. Without the Senate in play, what's the point of bringing impeachment charges without a clear smoking gun? I see it doing nothing but backfiring for Dems.

Reactions: ThorneStockton
Right, I meant convicted. Clinton was impeached but never convicted and the same thing would happen with Trump.

If the Democratic base isn't already fired up, I don't know what they could possibly be waiting for. Trump plays "the libs and lib media are out to get me" card pretty well. Without the Senate in play, what's the point of bringing impeachment charges without a clear smoking gun? I see it doing nothing but backfiring for Dems.
Revenge.

Clinton lied under oath.

And as we found out, was a sexual predator. He deserved impeachment.

But, yes, I get it. It's unacceptable for a Democrat but Fake News when it's President Pussygrabber. The right is just as hypocritical as the left and probably worse.

What makes me sick is the "Christian" right. President Clinton was Satan. President Pussygrabber is King David.

Anyway, I digress...:cool:

Reactions: naturalmwa
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT