ADVERTISEMENT

If the NCAA & NFL football seasons get canceled next fall I predict civil unrest.

If we don't have football in the Fall, alot of bad stuff will have happened or will be happening. I think the better question would be, if this was football season right now would they be canceling games? Football is king and brings in $$$, would they wait until the season is done to say anything??

If we don't have football in the Fall, alot of bad stuff will have happened or will be happening. I think the better question would be, if this was football season right now would they be canceling games? Football is king and brings in $$$, would they wait until the season is done to say anything??
If one person cancels the nba then that standard makes quarantine hysteria the reality. Impossible to manage. What about the olympics? This virus wont disappear in 3 months. Hysteria threat standard says cancel now.

Let’s be honest with the way the SEC operates if football season was happening now they’d be the only ones playing.

Something tells me they'll be a lot of NCAA & NFL ticket donations, and half time shows devoted to doctors, nurses, and paramedics.

Cancel football?

My recommendation, don't piss off the bookies and/or the mob. This will be fixed, even if the biggest benefactors help fund the research, meds, & vaccines.

Just say'n.

Think what else will also be cancelled in that scenario...like the Fall semester.

I do not foresee this.

But, a buddy sent me this:https://www.imperial.ac.uk/news/196234/covid19-imperial-researchers-model-likely-impact/

This can quickly spin into a political debate, but the Imperial College is the same place that has produced the climate change information that states we basically have a decade until the climate changes so radically as to alter life as we know it.

Unless this thing is killing millions of people, you can't just order everyone to shelter in place for months on end. Supply chains would stop, people won't have money to buy food, pay rent or mortgages. American people will not stand for just being ordered to not continue with their lives for months without end.

By fall we will have developed enough medical tools to allow us to go back to a normal existence,... People died every day prior to the arrival of this virus, so just add Covid-19 to the list of things that could possibly kill you,.. You can't save everybody, and at some point the cure becomes worse than the disease.

This can quickly spin into a political debate, but the Imperial College is the same place that has produced the climate change information that states we basically have a decade until the climate changes so radically as to alter life as we know it.

Unless this thing is killing millions of people, you can't just order everyone to shelter in place for months on end. Supply chains would stop, people won't have money to buy food, pay rent or mortgages. American people will not stand for just being ordered to not continue with their lives for months without end.
I did not connect that. Important to consider sources indeed. Thanks

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT