the-more-you-know.gif

• Haha
Reactions: binsfeldcyhawk2
Today’s left-
U Turns are anti gay

Roads are racist

Statues are evil

Architecture is misogynistic

Grown men sharing bathrooms with little girls is a right that must be protected.

If you look closely you’ll see that there was a smaller sign below the “no u-turns” sign that read “Midnight to 6am”. That tells me it was specifically aimed at people who were cruising and repeatedly cycling through the neighborhood late at night. It just happens that the bar in the area at the time was a gay bar, but I suspect similar signs would have also gone up if it was a heterosexual meet market.

Growing up in the Quad Cities it was a popular thing to cruise 23rd Avenue in Moline. Eventually the city put up signs banning “unnecessary repetitive driving,” or something to that effect, because people who lived along the avenue were tired of the late night commotion.

It sounds to me like the people in Silver Lake, Los Angeles, were targeted not because they were gay but because neighbors were tired of the late night commotion.

Last edited:
Reactions: darylhawk
Watched the clip.

Strangely enough, no explanation on just how the no uturn sign targeted gay people. He just said it did…
His claim is that the sign targeted gays because there was a gay bar in the area and gays would frequently cruise the area to hook up.

My counterpoint to that is that the city probably put up the signs because they didn’t want anybody driving repeatedly through the neighborhood in the middle of the night, regardless of whether they were gay or straight.

If you look closely you’ll see that there was a smaller sign below the “no u-turns” sign that read “Midnight to 6am”. That tells me it was specifically aimed at people who were cruising and repeatedly cycling through the neighborhood late at night. It just happens that the bar in the area at the time was a gay bar, but I suspect similar signs would have also gone up if it was a heterosexual meet market.

Growing up in the Quad Cities it was a popular thing to cruise 23rd Avenue in Moline. Eventually the city put up signs banning “unnecessary repetitive driving,” or something to that effect, because people who lived along the avenue were tired of the late night commotion.

It sounds to me like the people in Silver Lake, Los Angeles, were targeted not because they were gay but because neighbors were tired of the late night commotion.
Sir this is HORT and there is no place for your racist/fascist/sexist/homophobic facts here!

Rabble rabble rabble!

Reactions: TJ8869
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT