ADVERTISEMENT

Pride month is political.

Oh, hadn't thought about it from that angle. That makes pride night even more ridiculous. Every baseball game is for everyone. By making some baseball games about some people, it makes it less inclusive, not more.
So you're against a night that promotes breast cancer awareness, for instance, because making it about "some people" it makes it less inclusive. Hmmmm....

Why sports teams think gay people are their target audience is beyond me...this isn't surprising.
What a brilliantly stupid thing to say. Many gay people I know are rabid sports fans. Like going to regular games and buying tons of merch level fans.

Oh, hadn't thought about it from that angle. That makes pride night even more ridiculous. Every baseball game is for everyone. By making some baseball games about some people, it makes it less inclusive, not more.
It's cuz gay people spend their money to go to these games. It's the whole point. To get paying butts in the seats. My God you're an idiot.

What a brilliantly stupid thing to say. Many gay people I know are rabid sports fans. Like going to regular games and buying tons of merch level fans.
My guess is he wonders why they market sports to women as well.

Exceptionally ignorant.

Reactions: nelly02
My guess is he wonders why they market sports to women as well.

Exceptionally ignorant.
He's talking completely out of his ass. He thinks all gay people care about is theater and shows. I know season ticket holders. I know a guy who goes to playoff games, another goes to the NCAA tournament. Hell I used to be a men's basketball season ticket holder before they started sucking.

Looks like a lot of like minded people to the OP here in Texas. At a San Antonio FC Match for Pride Night and it's the lowest attendance of the year. And I mean obvious.

Sad a rainbow keeps people from enjoying soccer.
Really. How dare other people feel differently on the topic?

It's cuz gay people spend their money to go to these games. It's the whole point. To get paying butts in the seats. My God you're an idiot.

Yes....but does it need to be "Pride Night"?

I mean....couldn't "Aaron Judge Butt Plug Night" have the same effect here?

Really. How dare other people feel differently on the topic?
You don't have to go wearing a rainbow jersey while caring a pride flag. I wore my usual SAFC t-shirt:

product.jpg

That said, here was the big Pride Night debacle last night:
  • The match cards had rainbow colors that said SAFC Pride Night.
  • The players word Pride jersey's during warm-ups (changed for the match).
  • They had a Lesbian couple w/ their two kids on the pitch before the match. They do the same thing on Military appreciation night (interview a veteran), etc.
That was it. Those three things is what people needed to avoid. I'm not a big Pride Month person (or any "month" for that matter), but I wasn't bothered at all by last night. Heck, I spent the 2021 Pride Month in Kennebunkport, MD and had a blast.

As a Christian, I'd have gone if it was Atheist Night. Maybe I just love soccer to much. :cool:

441881243_18397102306079435_7975882565524143736_n.jpg

You don't have to go wearing a rainbow jersey while caring a pride flag. I wore my usual SAFC t-shirt:

product.jpg

• They had a Lesbian couple w/ their two kids on the pitch before the match. They do the same thing on Military appreciation night (interview a veteran), etc.
That was it. Those three things is what people needed to avoid. I'm not a big Pride Month person (or any "month" for that matter), but I wasn't bothered at all by last night. Heck, I spent the 2021 Pride Month in Kennebunkport, MD and had a blast.

As a Christian, I'd have gone if it was Atheist Night. Maybe I just love soccer to much. :cool:

Oh, and btw it was great night! We beat the #4 team in the west, earned 3 points and moved up to #4!

Yeah Baby GIF by Kalikwest

• Haha
Reactions: NotTHATscience1
I've noticed people are much more emboldened to speak up when they don't want pride jammed down their throat. Cancel culture had slowed that significantly.

It's good people are speaking up. Want to be all in on gay pride? Good for you! Don't like it plastered all over everywhere for your kids to see and want to speak up about it? Great!

Go for it everyone! It's like the pendulum is swinging back to center and people on both sides can speak up again. As it should be.
Who shoved their pride down your throat?

• Haha
Reactions: alaskanseminole
You ever stop to contemplate that maybe the reason that happened is because people kept the issue at the forefront? 🤔
I'm not saying there shouldn't be gay pride parades and the like. How much stuff like that matters in this day and age is debatable given the internet and social media...

Anyway, nobody seemed to care much until everyone went crazy in the social media age. Things change. And America went nuts in a number of directions in the social media age.

LGBTQ+*bbq became obsessed with trans and gender stuff, half of which was crazy.

And then you had the activist left that was crazy on all kinds of identity topics. That all went mainstream and fed into the culture that wants to celebrate a whole month of pride.

So when people look at the month long pride celebrations they're also looking at that craziness.

So it was sullied by those contributions. You can complain about the excesses of a whole month of pride without disagreeing over what should be the core message.

product.jpg

I just assumed all soccer fans were gay? 😘

• Angry
Reactions: seminoleed
I'm not saying there shouldn't be gay pride parades and the like. How much stuff like that matters in this day and age is debatable given the internet and social media...

Anyway, nobody seemed to care much until everyone went crazy in the social media age. Things change. And America went nuts in a number of directions in the social media age.

LGBTQ+*bbq became obsessed with trans and gender stuff, half of which was crazy.

And then you had the activist left that was crazy on all kinds of identity topics. That all went mainstream and fed into the culture that wants to celebrate a whole month of pride.

So when people look at the month long pride celebrations they're also looking at that craziness.

So it was sullied by those contributions. You can complain about the excesses of a whole month of pride without disagreeing over what should be the core message.
News flash. We don't need your permission to hold a parade, support a trans person, or anything else. If you don't like our celebrations, don't take part in them. Anything beyond that makes you sound triggered.

News flash. We don't need your permission to hold a parade, support a trans person, or anything else. If you don't like our celebrations, don't take part in them. Anything beyond that makes you sound triggered.
The coalition went crazy with the gender stuff and risks damaging existing rights earned due to over response from political opposition.

Call of duty has some awesome pride skins. My riot shield looks sick as hell all rainbowed out.

VtcunRy_d.webp

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT