ADVERTISEMENT

If you could go back, would you have traded DeSanto for RBY, knowing now what each did?

Would you have traded DeSanto for RBY, knowing now what each did?

• Yes

Votes: 67 47.2%
  • No

Votes: 25 17.6%
  • HELL NO! I wouldn't have traded him for anyone, he was the most entertaining Hawkeye since Metcalf!

Votes: 52 36.6%

• Total voters
I liked watching ADS too, but my case for RBY--even knowing that it wouldn't impact the team race--is that Iowa has had a shortage of NCAA champs over the past decade (only 5 in past 10 seasons: Lee, Clark, Ramos, St. John, McDonough). Having another multi-time champ might've (a) inspired others to set their sights higher, (b) helped recruiting, (c) given fans something else to feel good about. And (d) I'd have enjoyed watching a Lee/RBY/Woods 1-2-3 this year.
I actually agree with that, and yet ADS is more fun to watch wrestle.

Reactions: TarpHawk
I think you very well know that was a dirty move by RBY. The way he twisted his ankle and jerked his knee to the side was a deliberate attempt to injure him and he succeeded in that.
That’s complete bullshit and you know it. When do you see anything potentially dangerous called on that? Unlike the Penn State football players in 2021, Desanto was playing up that “injury” because he knew he was about to get planted. And he did it twice!

I thought you guys liked tough wrestling. Sheesh!

PS-Loved the Brands twisty shoe thing though. That was hysterical.

Let me guess…you’d have powered right through that and pinned RBY, right? Piece of shit.
Probably not but I definitely wouldn't have tapped out of a cradle 2x in as many minutes lol
Ads and Iowa were a perfect match for each other. His relentless pace and in your face offense exemplifies Iowa style, and very much reminds me of some of our all time greats.

Iowa coaches taught ADS so much. Not just about wrestling but about life. They really helped him grow up and become a man. He repayed them and us fans with all out effort all the time. Rby can’t say the same thing. Anyone that chooses Rby overADS because he won titles just isn’t seeing the full picture.

For what it’s worth, anyone still making jokes about ADS crying out in pain after RBY’s dirty move is a piece of human garbage that should be nut punched repeatedly.
ADS literally wasn't allowed to celebrate a team trophy in st louis bc he threatened to kill a female worker at the arena. Calling anyone else "human garbage" for making fun of such a low class human is comical tbh.

Reactions: johnstownsteel
Probably not but I definitely wouldn't have tapped out of a cradle 2x in as many minutes lol

ADS literally wasn't allowed to celebrate a team trophy in st louis bc he threatened to kill a female worker at the arena. Calling anyone else "human garbage" for making fun of such a low class human is comical tbh.
Say what you want, but the gains Austin made while he was here at Iowa should be applauded. Laugh at whatever you need. I’m sleeping well tonight.People make mistakes and he paid for his at every go.

I’ve had the privilege of meeting him and getting to know him. He is not someone I would ever say a bad word about. Walk a mile in his shoes and I doubt you would either. Keep criticizing from the outside. Trust me about this one, he doesn’t care what you think.

Last edited:

You’d have tapped out more times than that. I know that much. You couldn’t hold desanto’s jock strap.

Nor should he want to.
Bitch, you’re barking up the wrong tree. Nobody should be doing or thinking anything that Sandusky would. If you’ve never heard the phrase, don’t know what to tell you. But I’m not surprised penn state fans took it as perverse.

Reactions: hoythawk
Did he say something that isn't true?
Where was the threat to kill the female worker proven? I heard all about it that year of the NCAAs but never seen any actual proof. I am honestly curious because that would change my mind about ADS. I kept hearing about it and Iowa haters ran with it but I never saw video or anything to back it up which I find odd in this day and age.

Where was the threat to kill the female worker proven? I heard all about it that year of the NCAAs but never seen any actual proof. I am honestly curious because that would change my mind about ADS. I kept hearing about it and Iowa haters ran with it but I never saw video or anything to back it up which I find odd in this day and age.
Let’s face it, proof has never been needed to sling shit around here….people are gonna say what they want and don’t care if it’s true or not. I wasn’t there so I don’t know if true or not.

I’ll dig around and try to find video. I know I saw some at the time and something in my optiniin was happening. Threatening a reporter tho? I can’t say that. Pretty sure they held him out of team photos but we were never even told why were we?

• Haha
Reactions: snotknockerhawk
Let’s face it, proof has never been needed to sling shit around here….people are gonna say what they want and don’t care if it’s true or not. I wasn’t there so I don’t know if true or not.
Could not agree more and I know there are some on here that make accusations that have no proof either which I find ridiculous. I am not one of them, have never accused PSU of paying wrestlers or using steroids, and have even went as far as to tell posters to stop the BS bcuz only Iowa controls their own destiny. In other words, beat them on the mat period!

Now back to my reply. You asked if scruddy said something that was not true and I questioned it so yes I am saying something was not true. I asked for proof which I have never seen any. If he did it then he needs judged for it, if he did not then anyone that says he did needs to STFU or handle the consequences. I hate social media for this very reason, people see something and it is true if it fits a narrative of theirs. Might be the downfall of humans and society as we know it. I feel people are getting dumber every year.

Could not agree more and I know there are some on here that make accusations that have no proof either which I find ridiculous. I am not one of them, have never accused PSU of paying wrestlers or using steroids, and have even went as far as to tell posters to stop the BS bcuz only Iowa controls their own destiny. In other words, beat them on the mat period!

Now back to my reply. You asked if scruddy said something that was not true and I questioned it so yes I am saying something was not true. I asked for proof which I have never seen any. If he did it then he needs judged for it, if he did not then anyone that says he did needs to STFU or handle the consequences. I hate social media for this very reason, people see something and it is true if it fits a narrative of theirs. Might be the downfall of humans and society as we know it. I feel people are getting dumber every year.

On this we can all agree, I think.

both carried the luggage of their circumstances to college, both rose above their adversities, both benefitted from the coaching and team leadership from each school and both came to respect the hell out of each other for the battles they had. They both brought excitement to the sport each and every match. Desanto was not going to PSU and RBY was not going to Iowa. Both found the appropriate school for them. It worked and we were all the better for it.

It truly blows my mind how many of these PSU morons show up in the weeks after the Iowa / PSU dual every single year (that they win). What hole do y'all keep crawling out of?

Even after winning 9 titles, their little brother behavior and little dick syndrome are constantly on full display on this board lol.

Well, that all happened when ADS was young, you know, a 4th year college student. However, this happened during his 5th and last year.

"
After the match had concluded Desanto comes running to the side of the mat and says “Where is that old f-?! Gonna root against a teammate!” After this he decides to escalate the situation and runs towards Schriever in the bleachers and says “I’m going to f-ing kill you, if not now I’ll get you later.”
After this Terry Brands got in his face and said “what the f- are you doing you hypocrite! Ok you’re mad at him for rooting against a teammate, his son, so you’re gonna kill a teammates dad, what?!” Desanto refused to listen to Coach Brands and proceeded still say that he was going to kill Schriever."
Who are you quoting? Seems legit!

Mind you, this is the only year it would possibly matter for team finishes. In 2019, DeSanto took 3rd and RBY took 8th. Austin outscored Roman by 7.5 that season. Iowa took 4th, PSU took 1st and the point swap wouldn't come close to changing either finish. In 2021, RBY outscored DeSanto by 3, finishing 1st to Austin's 3rd. Iowa took 1st, PSU took 2nd and the point swap, again, would be inconsequential. In 2022, RBY outscored DeSanto by 7, with RBY again finishing 1st and DeSanto 3rd. PSU took 1st by a mile and Iowa took 3rd, but finished 21 behind UofM.
Good job answering your own ridiculous question with a more ridiculous suggestion that we’d trade on DeSanto for any reason. This thread is ridiculousnessess.

Good job answering your own ridiculous question with a more ridiculous suggestion that we’d trade on DeSanto for any reason. This thread is ridiculousnessess.
You couldn’t miss the intent of this topic by my more if you were sent running blindly in the opposite direction for the rest of your life…

You couldn’t miss the intent of this topic by my more if you were sent running blindly in the opposite direction for the rest of your life…
That’s what I was planning on doing to clear my head. Good facts though about point comparisons Year to year. A for effort and an A for ridiculousness. I got my clicks worth.

Reactions: Gobblin
It’s amazing that there’s so many PSU fans on this board that when one troll posts something it gets 4-5 likes guaranteed, all from his cronies. I’ve never seen anything like it

You must be new to the internet if this is so amazingly rare to you.

Welcome! I think you will like it and also hate it here.

It truly blows my mind how many of these PSU morons show up in the weeks after the Iowa / PSU dual every single year (that they win). What hole do y'all keep crawling out of?

Even after winning 9 titles, their little brother behavior and little dick syndrome are constantly on full display on this board lol.
I think your unfamiliar with the internet and free boards that discuss sport topics like this
It’s been quite common for schools that compete against each other to have boards like this where interested parties interact to share information, razz each other, or discuss topics of interest related to the sport.
And when the top rivals meet the posts will increase up to and including the sporting event and championships. Hope that clears things up.

Reactions: Petch
I think your unfamiliar with the internet and free boards that discuss sport topics like this
It’s been quite common for schools that compete against each other to have boards like this where interested parties interact to share information, razz each other, or discuss topics of interest related to the sport.
And when the top rivals meet the posts will increase up to and including the sporting event and championships. Hope that clears things up.
Ah, the ol “are you new to the internet?” excuse.

I can count on one hand how many times I’ve been on PSU’s wrestling board. I’m sure most Iowa fans on this board can say the same. The obsession here is a one way street and deep down you know it’s true.

You guys are absolutely crazy. You take RBY. Titles... and don't forget. When ADS transferred, he intially wanted to go 141.

Lee, RBY, ADS - sounds like another team title!

Reactions: johnstownsteel

Best article you'll find on the topic though still vague I know what was said to who because I was there in st louis and watched it happen in real time. Source: trust me bro.
You are a liar. I was there and know what was said. He didn't threaten her. I also don't believe a pathetic jerk off like you made the small cut to enter the arena. What's wrong with the mods on this site that allow these Penn State trolls to spread lies about our team?

For almost 3 years I was asking PSU fans how their team full of top 10 p4p wrestlers weren't winning, but there weren't any to talk to. You all got lost for a few years and why the hell would I care to go to your board for anything?

For almost 3 years I was asking PSU fans how their team full of top 10 p4p wrestlers weren't winning, but there weren't any to talk to. You all got lost for a few years and why the hell would I care to go to your board for anything?
Now re read your post and see if it makes any sense.
"
And when the top rivals meet the posts will increase up to and including the sporting event and championships. Hope that clears things up."

Nowhere in that post did I say you or anyone should, I merely stated it's a common thing for interactions to happen on free boards. It's no guarantee that you will get any response if others aren't interested in your post. You're not owed a response just because you asked a question.
Have any other aspects of the human condition you have questions about? Or maybe don't take this shit so seriously that you get upset by an opposing fan base for some words written on a screen. It's just sports and a hobby, have fun with it.

Now re read your post and see if it makes any sense.
"
And when the top rivals meet the posts will increase up to and including the sporting event and championships. Hope that clears things up."

Nowhere in that post did I say you or anyone should, I merely stated it's a common thing for interactions to happen on free boards. It's no guarantee that you will get any response if others aren't interested in your post. You're not owed a response just because you asked a question.
Have any other aspects of the human condition you have questions about? Or maybe don't take this shit so seriously that you get upset by an opposing fan base for some words written on a screen. It's just sports and a hobby, have fun with it.
You do realize that if our mods ran this board like the PSU mods run their board, all of your morons would be blocked from reading and responding, right?

I also find humor in you keep coming back to try to explain to us Iowa fans how you're not obsessed with our program. It's so convincing lol.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT