ADVERTISEMENT

If you handcuff a lady, stuff her in the back of a car, put that car on a train track and a train hits it, you go to jail, right?

Meh......the judge, prosecutor, defense and victim are all ok with it, so i guess I am as well.

I can't get over this story. Why would you ever park your car on a rail road track for any reason. Some people just have no common sense.
What, this perfectly logical explanation from the officer didn't make sense to you :rolleyes: ?

"I am sure I saw the tracks ... but I did not perceive them," Steinke said.

Seems like a reasonable sentence. The women left in the car seems to agree.

Rios-Gonzalez respects the sentence and said she never wants to see something like this happen to another person, her attorney, Chris Ponce, told USA TODAY in a statement.

She "does not want to see Ms. Steinke’s life ruined, but believes it is a good thing that she will never be a police officer again," Ponce said.

Seems like a reasonable sentence. The women left in the car seems to agree.

Rios-Gonzalez respects the sentence and said she never wants to see something like this happen to another person, her attorney, Chris Ponce, told USA TODAY in a statement.

She "does not want to see Ms. Steinke’s life ruined, but believes it is a good thing that she will never be a police officer again," Ponce said.

She can be a very forgiving person too. That quite frankly can be a very healthy mindset for an individual.

But I think most people not involved in the situation that say that level of lack of care and lack of paying attention to what you are doing causing someone serious injury like that deserves a prison sentence.

At some point mistakes become so blatant that you need to pay for them with some time in prison. This is in my opinion one of those times.

A woman is seriously injured, will never fully recover, will be in therapy the rest of her life because a trained police officer arresting her that day did something that even my 7 year old could tell me was a bad idea.

She can be a very forgiving person too. That quite frankly can be a very healthy mindset for an individual.

But I think most people not involved in the situation that say that level of lack of care and lack of paying attention to what you are doing causing someone serious injury like that deserves a prison sentence.

At some point mistakes become so blatant that you need to pay for them with some time in prison. This is in my opinion one of those times.

A woman is seriously injured, will never fully recover, will be in therapy the rest of her life because a trained police officer arresting her that day did something that even my 7 year old could tell me was a bad idea.
I'm not saying she needs to go to prison for 5 years or anything.

But SOME jail time as an actual punishment makes sense.

And no one will ever convince me that a non-officer would receive as lenient a sentence. No freaking way.

Artist recreation of the incident

1_iphone.jpg

And no one will ever convince me that a non-officer would receive as lenient a sentence. No freaking way.

It frustrates me unless you do something exceptionally bad like murder, rape etc . . . It certainly feels like there are certain groups of people who always get off easy.

People who were ever wealthy and people who were ever cops. Even if the cop was always dirty and the person who was wealthy was that way because they stole a lot of money.

Depends, did I remember to wear my top hat and properly wax my mustache in the up position?

Reactions: torbee

Well in fairness, if you live in Moline you can get high on meth and play bumper cars with actual police cars with police in them and not go to jail either. So we got that going for us here in Iowa!

Oh wait, Moline is IL. Damn.

Reactions: fsu1jreed

I think some of this comes from your anti-police bias.

• Haha
Reactions: TC Nole OX
I think some of this comes from your anti-police bias.

Lets make a comparable comparison. If a parent parked their car on a railroad track and left their kid locked into a car seat in the back and the train comes and we get the same result. . . You don't think that parent deserves some prison time? I sure do. You could draw a similar comparison to parents who leave their infants in a hot car in the summer. Don't those parent's usually go to prison?

Doesn't have anything to do with her being a cop. When you are a cop you have a duty of care to anyone you've arrested similar to that of a parent or babysitter to a child. It doesn't matter what you think they have done. Once they are in custody you have a duty to care for them properly and let the courts decide what if anything we do to them long term. When you arrest that person they are a presumed innocent person.

I don't have an anti-cop bias. I like good competent cops . . . I think we need more of them. Quite frankly I think defund the police is a bad idea because what we need is more funding for better training and longer training, more funding for wages so we can hire the best people to be cops. People who actually want to help the community and not people who want to re-live their glory days of being the high school bully. I feel like we have way too many of those people in the police force.

I have a bias against incompetent and bad police officers. I think they should be punished the same way I would be if I did the same thing. Clearly the courts seem to think that if they ever affixed a shield to their shirt than they've earned a bit of a pass.

HAHA!

Not if you are a cop in America.

Thankfully for this officer, she works in a solidly red county and the victim's last name is Rios-Gonzalez. If HER last name were Rios-Gonzalez and the victim was an old white guy named something like Benedict Carrington, nobody would ever see or hear from her again.

Lets make a comparable comparison. If a parent parked their car on a railroad track and left their kid locked into a car seat in the back and the train comes and we get the same result. . . You don't think that parent deserves some prison time? I sure do. You could draw a similar comparison to parents who leave their infants in a hot car in the summer. Don't those parent's usually go to prison?

Doesn't have anything to do with her being a cop. When you are a cop you have a duty of care to anyone you've arrested similar to that of a parent or babysitter to a child. It doesn't matter what you think they have done. Once they are in custody you have a duty to care for them properly and let the courts decide what if anything we do to them long term. When you arrest that person they are a presumed innocent person.

I don't have an anti-cop bias. I like good competent cops . . . I think we need more of them. Quite frankly I think defund the police is a bad idea because what we need is more funding for better training and longer training, more funding for wages so we can hire the best people to be cops. People who actually want to help the community and not people who want to re-live their glory days of being the high school bully. I feel like we have way too many of those people in the police force.

I have a bias against incompetent and bad police officers. I think they should be punished the same way I would be if I did the same thing. Clearly the courts seem to think that if they ever affixed a shield to their shirt than they've earned a bit of a pass.
You are trying to use logic and reason on a proud ignoramus. You may as well be speaking to a lamp.

Reactions: McLovin32

You're anti-cop and you know it. Your posting history is clear.

And no, I do not believe a mother who accidentally leaves their kid in the car should go to prison. Those are tragic accidents and I see no point in making it worse by sending a grieving mother to prison.

Reactions: EagleHawk
And we all know you lay hands on your ugly wife.
I’m sure she’s a lovely, but homely, lady that cooks awesome food and bakes amazing cookies and pies for an ungrateful pos bastard with a penchant for throwing wild fists and drinking natty ice. She probably tries to doll herself up once every couple of months but he doesn’t notice or care. I’m thinking a Kathy Bates as Dolores Claiborne type. A tale as old as time.

I’m sure she’s a lovely, but homely, lady that cooks awesome food and bakes amazing cookies and pies for an ungrateful pos bastard with a penchant for throwing wild fists and drinking natty ice. She probably tries to doll herself up once every couple of months but he doesn’t notice or care. I’m thinking a Kathy Bates as Dolores Claiborne type. A tale as old as time.

Yikes.

You're so detailed with that rant that a reasonable person can only conclude that you described your own living arrangement.

My condolences.

Yikes.

You're so detailed with that rant that a reasonable person can only conclude that you described your own living arrangement.

My condolences.
Nah I’m engaged to a beautiful woman and have a wonderful life. You’ve just really painted a picture of yourself with your comments on this board, old man.

You're anti-cop and you know it. Your posting history is clear.

And no, I do not believe a mother who accidentally leaves their kid in the car should go to prison. Those are tragic accidents and I see no point in making it worse by sending a grieving mother to prison.

You are also ignoring the times I have defended police when I thought they made the right decision. One that comes to mind was the one where they dragged the body.

I do think we have a problem with policing mostly in terms of lack of training and lack of quality police officer candidates.

I think that makes me realistic.

What is up with insulting Northern and his wife??

That seems childish at best.

Feel free to go after his views and voting behavior all you want. But him as a person and his wife? Why?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT