ADVERTISEMENT

If you're in law school, how are you a marginalized group?? The state of Washington will no longer require the bar exam in the name of equity.

Letsgohawks411

HR All-State
Feb 15, 2015
Can't wait until an MD is not required to perform surgery!!

So, the list of things that are racist continues to grow: bar exam, ACT, SAT, Math, standardized tests, hair style, drivers license, Dr. Suess, the food pyramid, honor role, AP classes, first names....how about this: STOP FEELING SORRY FOR YOURSELF!! F'n ridiculous. If you can't make it off of your own determination and hard work in America, you're just not going to make it. Instead, just keep blaming every obstacle as "racist".

https://www.thepublica.com/washington-supreme-court-rules-that-bar-exam-no-longer-a-requirement-to-practice-law-cites-impact-on-marginalized-groups/#:~:text=The Washington State Supreme Court has ruled that,unnecessarily blocks marginalized groups from becoming practicing attorneys.”

This guy would applaud this ruling.

suits-patrick-j-adams-final-season.jpg

One needs to complete a class and graduate and then apply for a license to cut hair, but you don't need to be able to pass the bar exam to practice law in Washington, makes perfect sense.

Reactions: Letsgohawks411

So, the list of things that are racist continues to grow: bar exam, ACT, SAT, Math, standardized tests, hair style, drivers license, Dr. Suess, the food pyramid, honor role, AP classes, first names....how about this: STOP FEELING SORRY FOR YOURSELF!! F'n ridiculous. If you can't make it off of your own determination and hard work in America, you're just not going to make it. Instead, just keep blaming every obstacle as "racist".

https://www.thepublica.com/washington-supreme-court-rules-that-bar-exam-no-longer-a-requirement-to-practice-law-cites-impact-on-marginalized-groups/#:~:text=The Washington State Supreme Court has ruled that,unnecessarily blocks marginalized groups from becoming practicing attorneys.”
Wisconsin does not require it either if you went to a Wisconsin school and want to practice in the Cheese state. Many states want to dump the bar. I took it and as I tell future lawyers, take the bar and, suck it up butter cup.

• Love
Reactions: hawkbirch
I took it and as I tell future lawyers, take the bar and, suck it up butter cup.
Exactly!! Why should we be the only ones that suffer through that nightmare? Anyone can fail the bar exam once. More than once is a sign you shouldn't be admitted to the bar. It's hard but not impossible by any stretch of the imagination.

Reactions: GOHOX69
Wisconsin does not require it either if you went to a Wisconsin school and want to practice in the Cheese state. Many states want to dump the bar. I took it and as I tell future lawyers, take the bar and, suck it up butter cup.
washington should be worried if they get a graduate of liberty university heading there.

Wisconsin hasn’t had it for years. Lots of states (including Iowa) are looking at focusing on the new type of exam that is more practice-focused instead of straight concept regurgitation.

While I think it should continue to be required, it’s a terrible indicator of “good” vs “bad” lawyers. There’s a lot of really dumb attorneys out there.

Wisconsin hasn’t had it for years. Lots of states (including Iowa) are looking at focusing on the new type of exam that is more practice-focused instead of straight concept regurgitation.

While I think it should continue to be required, it’s a terrible indicator of “good” vs “bad” lawyers. There’s a lot of really dumb attorneys out there.
There are a lot of dumb _____ any profession, out there. Attorneys aren't the only ones.

I would keep the Bar around to ensure a minimum level of knowledge but it is not an indicator of whether you will be a good lawyer. I know someone who failed twice but managed to become a good lawyer.
It sucks to prepare for the Bar exam but I did not think it was that difficult to pass even for a mediocre law student like me.

They got rid of symbolic logic on the LSAT because it disadvantaged blind people.

The world is going to hell.

maybe your law school sucks.

note that some states do not require a bar exam if you got a law degree from an in state school (WI)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT