ADVERTISEMENT

Illinois State returning starters??

hawks127

HB MVP
Feb 9, 2009
Can anyone tell me how many they have? I see their depth chart is out in the game notes here but doesnt say if they started last year or not. I thought I read something like 11 starters back from their runner-up team last year - can anyone confirm?

Thought it was interesting to see Spearman not starting. Started at Iowa as a sophomore but can't start at FCS Ill St?

Can anyone tell me how many they have? I see their depth chart is out in the game notes here but doesnt say if they started last year or not. I thought I read something like 11 starters back from their runner-up team last year - can anyone confirm?

Thought it was interesting to see Spearman not starting. Started at Iowa as a sophomore but can't start at FCS Ill St?
Spearman is at Illinois State because he was not a starter at Iowa. He was passed by Jewell. Starter at the beginning of the year because Jewell was hurt.

It was also noted in "Behind Enemy Lines", that Spearman was the better player but the guy starting ahead of him knows ISU's system better having been with the team for several years. Spearman will get plenty of playing time.

It was also noted in "Behind Enemy Lines", that Spearman was the better player but the guy starting ahead of him knows ISU's system better having been with the team for several years. Spearman will get plenty of playing time.

Offense: Lost both tackles and left guard, TE, and 2 of top three WRs. (6 returning starters)
Defense: Lost DT, both safeties, and cornerback (7 returning starters)
Special Teams: Lost PK, Punter, and Long snapper

Reactions: icu81222
Not surprising that Spearman isn't starting. He only started for us due to Jewel injury.
Our linebackers were god awful last year and the reason why we could never get off the field.
If Spearman was any good, he would still be playing for us.
Nothing against the kid, but he has horrible technique and was always out of position.

I'm glad to see that we are recruiting better linebackers because it's the only way we are going to get any
better on defense.

Plus I'm surprised this hasn't been talked about more but I can't believe their RB is not suspended for the opener let alone still on the team. He was arrested in May for selling weed to an undercover cop. Stay classy Coach Spack.

It was only a felony. He probably had to run steps or carry water jugs to practice to make up for it.

Reactions: nu2u
Jesus people. I realize it's a crime in his state, but we're talking about weed. It'll be legal everywhere in 10 years.

I'm guardedly optimistic for the season, but this game and Tre Roberson makes me nervous.

Jesus people. I realize it's a crime in his state, but we're talking about weed. It'll be legal everywhere in 10 years.

I'm guardedly optimistic for the season, but this game and Tre Roberson makes me nervous.

It's one thing to get a possession for a minimal amount or having a pipe in your car or even a failed drug test. This kid was selling drugs. Big difference. Indiana didn't hesitate and kicked off best returning defensive player for selling drugs. And yes it could be legal in 10 years but it is still illegal and something every player gets drug tested for.

Regardless of our personal views, a felony is a felony.

That is one of the issues we are having in our country. We have too many laws. Unfortunately, law enforcement is required to enforce the laws. Not just the ones you and I do not like. Talk to your congressman about smaller govt and quit voting for those who want more rules, more laws and less freedom.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT