ADVERTISEMENT

I'm a bit Concerned

Jan 18, 2014
M Koehn missing 3 extra points and some easier FG's since the big kick with Pitt. When Iowa is winning and playing well, we seem to miss some of the little things and say "well, he'll be okay, its a mental thing". Special teams has been a real positive for the Hawks this season (knock on wood). These misses haven't hurt us so far this year, but one can't help but worry about this down the road. Missed FG's come and go, but three extra points.....................I'm a bit concerned.

I've decided that every time Iowa scores a touchdown the player needs to spike the ball and draw the 15 yard penalty. This will put Koehn in the much more friendly 40 yard extra point range rather than the 15 yard (or whatever it is) range. I just think Koehn gets freaked out when he's too close.

Reactions: SoonerBeAHawk
Yeah, Koehn is not looking all that comfortable out there for the PAT's and short FG's. Just another head case - most kickers are at one time or another. I wonder if it might not be a bad idea for Iowa to go with a Zach Bromert - Brion Hurley type setup with Koehn and Ellis. Would give Mick some time on the field to get rid of some jitters before next year, and allow Marshall to just concentrate on the big boots.

it would be nice if we had a kicker more consistent for the PAT's and the short field goals and let Koehn worry about the longer kicks.

I heard the missed PAT at NW was due to a bad hold. But I agree, something needs to be fixed, because these extra points could be the difference between winning and defeat.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT