ADVERTISEMENT

Im second guessing 1 day only voting

• Thread starter anon_ddojbbh8q7xrt
  • Start date
How about people in states with stupid election laws stop voting for politicians that support stupid election laws. Mail-in voting works fine for the states that honestly want it to work.

I said this in another thread yesterday but the facts are the government will allow me to complete submit my taxes electronically but for voting I need to put pencil to paper and snail mail or physically in person.

ridiculous
You can hire someone else to prepare your taxes and to file them.

I cannot voluntarily submit your vote ... even if I fully disclose that I am voting on your behalf.

They have something like four million ballots -- which they could not touch until yesterday. With each ballot they had to open the exterior envelope, then a second "security" envelope that was required by the state (again, a security measure required by the GOP.) They then have to make sure the voter filled things out on the envelope correctly - signed, signature matches name on the envelope, etc. If things were not correct they have a set of procedures to follow in order to discard the ballot. If things are in order they then have to unfold the ballot and smooth it out so it will scan properly. Then they have to scan it.

Four million times. It is a time-consuming, labor-intensive task; because the GOP wanted it to take a long time so they could tell people like you that the delay was because the Democrats were cheating.

Wheels used to be square until someone realized that round wheels roll easier. If you think this process is alright.... you are not real bright.

Wheels used to be square until someone realized that round wheels roll easier. If you think this process is alright.... you are not real bright.
And it has been explained to you that the Pennsylvania GOP required that process and counting system which necessitated multiple days to complete the vote. So Trump supporters created the unwieldy process that you and others are now decrying and through a sleight of hand, are trying to cast doubt on the legitimacy of the result as if it is Democrats were up to shenanigans.

Jason, I've been watching this and totally understand that the GOP has some of the blame. That said, they are saying it could be until Monday or Tuesday of next week!!!! WTF. That leaves a lot of time for sketchy things to happen or at least for everyone to think something could have happened. That's all I am saying.
Are you new to this whole election thing? George Washingtons second term took 2 months. Good lord you act like absentee voting is something new.

Reactions: artradley
Jason, I've been watching this and totally understand that the GOP has some of the blame. That said, they are saying it could be until Monday or Tuesday of next week!!!! WTF. That leaves a lot of time for sketchy things to happen or at least for everyone to think something could have happened. That's all I am saying.
SO based on your opinion Military personnel who are deployed shouldn't be able to vote.

Of course it's not all right! But the GOP specifically designed it to not be all right. They specifically designed it to be god-awful, so they could tell you that the Dems were cheating.

Reactions: j0nnyhb_Prime
This happens every voting cycle. People are not knowledgeable with regard the lack of uniformity and general confusion of election laws. There is a cry. Usually the one bad state that was reaponsible for the craziness reforms their voting laws. See Florida after 2000. And the remaining states don’t do anything. Running on a platform of election law reform isn’t a big needle mover.

Of course it's not all right! But the GOP specifically designed it to not be all right. They specifically designed it to be god-awful, so they could tell you that the Dems were cheating.
You are wrong because ironically, Hammer93 and justhawk9 think we're dumb.

FUNFACT:
The Electors don't actually case votes until December 14th; the absolute deadline for a decision is January 6th.

So, there is AMPLE time for "sketchy things", regardless of when ABC or CBS or Fox "calls the election"

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT