ADVERTISEMENT

Inconsistent reffing is killing wrestling

clw421

All-Conference
Jul 20, 2006
VT takes 1 shot to marinelli’s 10+ and gets one stalling call. Meanwhile stoll gets 3 stalling calls (while initiating all the action) and Wilcke gets 3 stalling call and gets beat by Cornell without dean scoring a single offensive point in regulation. What a f’ing joke. It’s a disgrace.

VT takes 1 shot to marinelli’s 10+ and gets one stalling call. Meanwhile stoll gets 3 stalling calls (while initiating all the action) and Wilcke gets 3 stalling call and gets beat by Cornell without dean scoring a single offensive point in regulation. What a f’ing joke. It’s a disgrace.
What do you expect from Mike Hagerty? Same guy that gave 2 swipes to Ramos against Stieber and then reviewed his own call and said no even though the replay clearly showed his 2 swipes and a verbal two count.

What do you expect from Mike Hagerty? Same guy that gave 2 swipes to Ramos against Stieber and then reviewed his own call and said no even though the replay clearly showed his 2 swipes and a verbal two count.

And if I'm recalling correctly, you can see the clock count 2 seconds while Stieber is exposed in that match.

Anyone know why Young wasn't given back points when he had Deakin in danger from neutral? Swear he had a 4 count. He was only awarded a TD, but not backs. Thank god it didn't end up mattering.
The original count was for danger position in neutral which resulted in the TD call. Not sure why counts weren’t started again after that.

Reactions: HKI
It seriously drives me crazy to watch Wilke lose and I watch another match and it’s a total track meet w guys sprinting out of bounds with no calls. Total BS and I could live if administered consistently one way it’ll the other...

Different Ref's, different way of calling things. Always been that way, always will be until the Terminators take over......:D

Reactions: Dagboi
It is a complete travesty that Lewis blocked off, hung on, and did absolutely nothing for 6:40, then did one reshot, got in a scramble and pulled out a lucky win, when a decent ref would have stalled him out. With 30 seconds to go, I made the comment to my family that I wouldn't be ashamed of winning with a stall call, because I never saw a match that was more deserving of a win that way. I feel so sorry for the Bull. I hope he can suck it up, get his head on straight, and come back from that. He needs to right away, with Massa first consolation match. Last year he couldn't in the same situation. I really hope this year is different.

It is a complete travesty that Lewis blocked off, hung on, and did absolutely nothing for 6:40, then did one reshot, got in a scramble and pulled out a lucky win, when a decent ref would have stalled him out. With 30 seconds to go, I made the comment to my family that I wouldn't be ashamed of winning with a stall call, because I never saw a match that was more deserving of a win that way. I feel so sorry for the Bull. I hope he can suck it up, get his head on straight, and come back from that. He needs to right away, with Massa first consolation match. Last year he couldn't in the same situation. I really hope this year is different.
By my count Marinelli outshot Lewis by 10 to 6 count before Lewis got the winning TD. In that sequence Lewis, shot and then immediately reshot and did win the scramble. As far as stalling, Lewis was always engaged with Marinelli, Lewis was the one almost always taking ground moving forward. Most of Marinelli's shots were taken as he retreated, giving ground and lowering his level to allow Lewis' forward momentum to take him into Marinelli. There wasn't a whole lot of stalling going on in that match.

By my count Marinelli outshot Lewis by 10 to 6 count before Lewis got the winning TD. In that sequence Lewis, shot and then immediately reshot and did win the scramble. As far as stalling, Lewis was always engaged with Marinelli, Lewis was the one almost always taking ground moving forward. Most of Marinelli's shots were taken as he retreated, giving ground and lowering his level to allow Lewis' forward momentum to take him into Marinelli. There wasn't a whole lot of stalling going on in that match.
Forgive me if I don't agree with a Nittany Lion assessment of how the only threat to VJ lost a match.

If you really think this doesn’t even out, well...

Aside from that, it’d be better for the sport if fans aspired to see matches won with, you know, wrestling moves rather than reffing moves.

If you really think this doesn’t even out, well...

Aside from that, it’d be better for the sport if fans aspired to see matches won with, you know, wrestling moves rather than reffing moves.
Did anybody notice that before Marinelli decided to just get out from bottom he wanted time looking for a stall call X 2?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT